Android tablets, like all technology devices, can - to use a technical term - "flake out" sometimes. This can take result in a number of symptoms that are usually pretty clearly not related to the Ocean app. But if there's any doubt, try to access a standard website from a web browser on the tablet (i.e. Chrome). If you can't access to a standard website like cbc.ca, then the issue is not related to Ocean.
If this is indeed the case, we recommend the following steps to try to get it working again:
- Put the device in airplane mode in the settings, and then take it out of airplane mode.
- Try powering off the device and restarting it.
- Take a paperclip, unbend it and stick the end into the "reset" hole, assuming there is one. There is a hidden button in that hole that will clear more than a simple reset.
- Reset to factory settings and reinstall Ocean (steps to reset the factory settings are here).
- Take it back to the retailer (particularly if it's still under warranty, but even if its not, sometimes retailers like Best Buy will be able to help you with an exchange). You can also call the manufacturer's support line (i.e. the usual stuff).