- Set Up Your Dedicated OceanConnect Device
- This step will describe which tablet settings to optimize on your dedicated OceanConnect tablet and how to register your OceanConnect tablet with your specific Ocean site.
- These settings are important to ensure that Ocean and your EMR are connected reliably.
- Configure the OceanConnect App
- In this step, you will need the UUID, Tenant ID (sometimes called ACRON or acronym), username, and password that QHR Accuro provided you with, in order for Ocean to be able to access the Accuro API, thereby connecting to your Accuro EMR.
- Set Your Custom Status (optional)
- If you are planning on using Ocean Reminders, Ocean is able to mark your patient appointments with an "Ocean Reminder Sent" status, once they've been sent an automated appointment reminder email through Ocean.
- In order to enable this, you will need to create a custom Ocean-related status in your Accuro EMR.
- Configure the CDS Menu for Quick Access to Ocean
- To easily access Ocean directly within Accuro, you will want to set up CDS links to various Ocean products or services.
- Add User-Friendly Buttons to CDS Links (optional)
- Once you've set up your CDS links, you can create shortcut buttons on your home screen to easily access your CDS links with one simple click.
QHR Accuro Integration Set-Up
Learn how to set up your QHR Accuro EMR to connect and work properly with Ocean.
- QHR Accuro & Ocean Set-Up: At A Glance
- Accuro: Set Up Your Dedicated OceanConnect Device
- Accuro: Configure the OceanConnect App
- Accuro: Set Your Custom Status
- Accuro: Configure the CDS Menu for Quick Access to Ocean
- Accuro: Add User-Friendly Buttons to CDS Links
Contact QHR customer support to enable your API for Ocean.
- Contact QHR customer support to enable your API for Ocean and provide you with a Tenant Id (sometimes called ACRON or acronym), UUID, username and password.
- If you signed up for an Ocean account using the Accuro affiliate signup link, Accuro will already be notified and will reach out to you to send you your API information accordingly.
- Note: This is a dedicated Tenant Id, UUID, username and password for API access that must be configured and provided by Accuro. Your normal Accuro username and password will not work. Also note that the API URL is different from your Citrix login URL.
Select Your EMR.
Enter your QHR Accuro API credentials in OceanConnect.
Authorize Ocean through the Accuro EMR REST API.
- Once you're happy with your OceanConnect settings, select “Click here to authorize Ocean” to access the Accuro EMR REST API login page.
- Enter your QHR Accuro API credentials (tenant, username and password) and select "Log in".
- This will bring you to the "Approve 3rd Party Access" window. Select "Approve" to enable Ocean to access your Accuro EMR.
- Once authorization is complete, OceanConnect will automatically extract, encrypt and upload the next 7 days of appointments.
- Back on the OceanConnect configuration page, the "Sync Appointments Now" button will now be available (i.e. it will be blue, instead of greyed out).
Verify appointment synchronization.
- Verify your appointment synchronization with Accuro by logging in to the Ocean Portal and verifying that the patients from your booked appointments in Accuro have appeared in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal.
- If your patients are not appearing in the Patients tab, click the “Sync Appointments Now” button on your OceanConnect app. Clicking this button will force OceanConnect to synchronize appointments with the Accuro appointment schedule, extracting, encrypting, and uploading patients with upcoming appointments. Once the sync is complete, you should see all your patients with upcoming appointments listed in the Patients tab of your Ocean Portal.
Congratulations! Your OceanConnect is now set up and ready to go.
To learn more about OceanConnect, please refer to "Understanding Ocean Connect".
If you're having trouble with OceanConnect, please refer to these troubleshooting steps.
- Appt Reminder Sent Custom Status Name:
- If you are planning on using Ocean Reminders, you will want to create a custom status in your Accuro that will flag the patients' appointment when an Ocean Reminder email has been sent to them. This field of the OceanConnect app must match the name of the custom status that you create for it in your Accuro. For more details about configuring this custom status on the Accuro side, please refer to "Set Your Custom Status".
- Schedule Days to Sync:
- The default setting for this field is 7 days. Keep this setting, UNLESS you are planning to use form reminders with a lead time greater than this time interval. (For example, if your site wants to send form reminders 14 days in advance of a patient visit, then 14 days is required.)
- Letter Type:
- This field will allow you to choose which letter type you want your Ocean-generated notes to enter Accuro as (e.g. clinical note, letter, etc.).
- Combine Progress Note:
- If this checkbox is checked off, if a patient fills out multiple Ocean eForms at one sitting, all resultant notes from that eForm will go into one single encounter note in the patient's chart in Accuro (vs. each form creating a separate encounter for each Ocean eForm completed).
- Use Custom Fields:
- Check this checkbox if you have custom demographics fields set up in your Accuro EMR and you would like to patients to be able to populate these fields by completing Ocean eForms. For more details on mapping your Ocean eForm fields to your custom demographics fields in Accuro, please refer to: "Mapping Answers from an Ocean eForm to a Custom Demographics Field".
- Save Configuration
- Saves any changes to the settings you've made to any of the above settings.
- Click here to authorize Ocean
- Takes you to the Accuro EMR REST API log in page that allows you to authorize Ocean.
- Sync Appointments Now
- Manually synchronizes appointments. (OceanConnect will automatically synchronize with your appointments in your Accuro appointment schedule with the patients in your Ocean Portal every 30 minutes.)
- Alternatively, you can also manually synchronize your appointments from the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal by selecting "Synchronize Appointments" from the Actions menu.
- View Log
- Shows you a log of OceanConnect activity that can be sent to CognisantMD for troubleshooting purposes.
- Clear Activation
- Clears your OceanConnect URL, Tenant, UUID, and REST API login information, disconnecting Ocean and Accuro.
- Change EMR
- Takes you back to the EMR selection screen.
- Open Ocean Tablet
- Opens the Ocean Tablet app on your device.
This step is an optional part of setting up the integration between QHR Accuro and Ocean.
Ocean can automatically trigger a custom status in Accuro to provide a visual indication when an Ocean Reminder has been sent to the patient.
Configure your custom statuses in Accuro.
- From the Accuro EMR, click the Accuro (target) logo in the bottom left and type "status" in the search box.
- Select "Manage Priorities, Reasons and Statuses".
- At the bottom of the Status area, click on the green plus (+) sign to add a new status.
- Name your status. By default, Ocean sets the Ocean Reminders custom status as "Ocean Reminder Sent". You can choose to use these names or enter your own.
- Double-click on the box under the Abbr column to select an abbreviation for the status.
- Double-click on the box under the Icon column to select the custom status shape.
- Double-click on the box under the Colour column to choose a colour for the status.
Confirm your custom statuses in Ocean Connect.
- After you have created your custom status in Accuro, you should confirm that your Ocean Connect settings match the custom status names you selected in Accuro.
- Open the Ocean Connect app on your tablet, and review the status name. If necessary, edit the text to ensure that it is identical to the name(s) entered in Accuro.
What You Can Do with CDS Links
The CDS option in Accuro's quick Action menu provides a convenient user interface for interacting with Ocean directly within Accuro.
Using the CDS feature, Accuro users can add hyperlinks to Ocean that support single-sign-on (SSO) with automated patient-specific requests for interacting with Ocean.
For example, a user can configure a CDS link to automatically sign into Ocean and load a patient in order to:
- Send an Ocean Online secure message or questionnaire to a patient, with the patient's email and related information pre-populated
- Add a specific eForm for the patient to complete on the Ocean tablet
- Open a PHQ-9 form for completion directly on their computer's web browser
- Send an eReferral for a patient
- View all active eReferrals for a patient
- Open the site's Ocean Portal to view the scheduler
Prerequisites for Getting Started
Before configuring your CDS links, please ensure the following steps have been completed:
- An Ocean user account and Ocean site is available.
- The Ocean site is connected to Accuro through OceanConnect.
- You can sign into the Ocean Portal and see the "Configure Accuro CDS Links" button in your "Site Features" section of the Admin tab. (If this button is missing, please complete Step 2 above to ensure your site is marked as an Accuro site.)
Configuring CDS Links
Navigate to the “Configure Accuro CDS Links…” panel in the Ocean Portal.
- Sign in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin tab.
- Click on the "Site Features" section, selected from the menu along the left side of the page.
- Click the "Configure Accuro CDS Links..." button to view the full set of links available for import into Accuro.
Set up each link in Accuro.
Complete the following for each link that you would like to import.
The "View Ocean Portal" link is the most versatile link, since its page will provide links to many other functions for the patient. However, the other links can provide more direct shortcuts to specific functions.
We recommend that site administers configure their Accuro site to connect to Ocean using a Global CDS Link. When a global CDS link is used, individual Accuro users can benefit from using these CDS links without having to configure the links themselves.
To configure Global CDS links, follow the steps below:
- Back in Accuro, open the Accuro action menu by clicking the target icon at the bottom left of the Accuro. Enter the CDS menu and select "Manage Global CDS".
- Name your CDS link something descriptive, such as "Ocean - Send Message".
- If you are setting up the "Add eForm to Patient Queue" CDS link, you will need to change the replace the "phq9" eForm reference ("ref") in that URL to the ref of the eForm that you would like to configure your CDS link to add for a patient.
Some users may prefer to have additional CDS links specific to their Accuro account. For example, a physician at a larger Accuro site who likes to use a specific questionnaire (e.g. the "Geriatric Depression Scale") may configure a direct CDS link to this questionnaire without impacting other Accuro users at the site.
To configure CDS links for individual Accuro user accounts, follow the steps below:
- Back in Accuro, open the Accuro action menu by clicking the target icon at the bottom left of the Accuro. Enter the CDS menu and select "Manage User CDS".
- Name your CDS link something descriptive, such as "Ocean - Add PHQ9".
- Copy and paste the suggestion from Ocean (be sure to change the eForm ref (red box) in the URL to the correct form that you're looking for).
- Site Requires Login checkbox:
- Select this checkbox to enable it.
- Type your Ocean username in this field (not your Accuro username).
- For Password:
- Type your Ocean password in here.
- Note: Accuro does not upload passwords containing a % or a & character properly. Consequently, if your user account password has these characters, you will need to change it.
Note: Ensure the correct capitalization for all of the parameters above.
Click "OK" to save the link.
Test your new CDS links.
Click "Close" to close the "Configure Accuro CDS Links" dialog box.
Test your new CDS link(s) by selecting it from the CDS menu within the Accuro action menu.
Precautions for All Ocean CDS Links
- Accuro opens the CDS Links in a stripped-down, minimalist embedded web browser. Although the browser is capable of performing most Ocean-related tasks, it cannot print, which prevents the printing of referral handouts and other actions.
- The above links will include the shared encryption key (encoded after the anchor # tag).
- If you prefer to avoid including the shared encryption key for security reasons, you can leave it off of the URL by trimming the # character and all characters that trail it.
- If you leave the shared encryption key in place, be aware that all of the links above that included the key will need updating if and when you change your site's shared encryption key in the future.
Once all your CDS links have been set up, you have the option of adding shortcuts for quicker access to these CDS links. To learn more about how toset these up, please refer to "Add User-Friendly Buttons to CDS Links".
This step is an optional part of setting up the integration between QHR Accuro and Ocean.
You MUST have your CDS links preconfigured before you can set up these shortcut buttons. To learn how to set up and configure your CDS links, please refer to the article Configure the CDS Menu for Quick Access to Ocean.
- From the Start menu (accessed through the Accuro target logo), type in "user" to access the User Preferences Window.
- In User Preferences, click on Display (on the left) and select Configure Actions (the far right tab).
- Click on the green plus (+) sign from the "Selections" window to add a Custom Action. From the "Select a Custom Action" dropdown, select “Custom CDS Action”.
- From the Custom Action window, click on “Change” to select a custom icon (see above screenshot). To select an icon, search by keyword and double-click the preferred icon (we use “water_element”, “read_message”, “message_group”). To change the colour, click on the small black box to open a colour picker.