The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for May 8th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- You can now trigger a patient note to be re-downloaded. In the Patient Tab, select the patient and choose "Reset Downloaded Status for Notes".
- You can now link your EMR and Ocean accounts when sending a Secure Message from the Ocean Toolbar in PS Suite.
- You can now configure a Secure Message to redirect to a custom URL once the patient has finished with the message. Specify the URL in the "Advanced" panel of the Patient Message dialog.
- Fixed an issue that could disable the intro screen and birthdate validation when cloning tablet settings.
- In Ocean Connect, you can now enable/disable the custom field integration with Accuro demographics.
- Improved date validation when scheduling an appointment from an eReferral.
- Fixed an issue with referrals that are assigned multiple services; a "Child" referral can once again be opened by clicking the link on it's "Master" referral.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for April 24th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- New feature: An email notification can now be sent when a form is completed and added to a referral. The notification includes the clinical note generated by the form, and can be sent to the patient and/or referrer.
- Added a warning message to the Ocean health map for listings that have not yet been verified.
- A referral's booking is now marked "unconfirmed" when the booking comments are changed.
- Mammography is now listed when browsing Diagnostic Imaging in the health map.
- Allow editing of the referral note for Inbound referrals.
- All replies are now accepted when a referral is marked as completed.
- Re-organized the eRequest inbox tabs into Received, Sent, and Processed groups.
- Wait times are now being calculated per health service, to be displayed on listings and search results (coming soon!)
- Referral comments are now included in the payload provided by the /referrals endpoint of the Ocean Open API.
- Fixed an issue where the Ocean Tablet would improperly handle an Ontario health number fetched from the Accuro API, if the health number contained a version code.
- Accuro demographic custom fields are now pulled into Ocean. Custom fields can be used as default values in eForms, or for creating Tablet Rules.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for April 10th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- Changing your Shared Encryption Key will now automatically regenerate the public/private keys for your site.
- Fixed an issue where the Ocean health map would incorrectly centre on a previously loaded location.
- Fixed an issue where anonymous EMR users would incorrectly display as logged in.
- Fixed an issue with the Ocean health map where a site accepting eReferrals would be incorrectly filtered from a search when a large number of results are found.
- Fixed an issue to properly reflect Test Mode status when a user signs into the Ocean health map.
- Improved Canned Response settings to provide Edit/Cancel/Save options.
- Fixed an issue to ensure the appointment dates/times are cleared when a declined referral is resubmitted.
- We now include a flag in the referral analytics to indicate whether a referral was an inbound request.
- New feature: The Ocean Tablet can now update the Health Number eligibility code in PS Suite. Eligibility codes will be updated automatically if MoH health card validation (HCV) is enabled on the Kiosk.
- Added the Ref# to the Patient Dashboard in Ocean.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for March 27th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- New feature: Users can now specify listings as personal favourites (in addition to site favourites), and organize favourites into categories.
- New feature: A new side navigation bar allows you to access favourites, navigate the full directory, view recently used listings, and browse the help documentation.
- New feature: The Ocean health map now supports Test Mode. When in Test mode, you can only interact with test listings. To configure your listing for test, select 'eReferral Test Mode' in Admin->Directory Listings.
- You can now sign into Ocean from the toolbar in the Ocean health map.
- The eReferral messaging panel now provides a dedicated send button. To send a message, type your message in the field, attach a file (if desired) and click 'Send'.
- It is now easier to mark an eReferral as 'Awaiting Reply'; Send a message, then click 'Done - Await Reply from Other Site'.
- Forwarding an eReferral now presents the suggested favourites, filtered by health service.
- Fixed a bug that could display the eReferral dialog outside of the visible area.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent an email notification from being sent when Central Intake sends a message.
- Fixed an issue to properly escape HTML characters before submitting rich text through an EMR API.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for March 13th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- New feature: A delegate user can now send eReferrals on your behalf. To setup a delegate, view your account in Ocean, then click "Add Delegate" from the Delegates tab.
- Fixed a bug that could forget the "restricted PHI" setting on an eReferral.
- Fixed a bug to hide the direct messaging option when a user is not signed in.
- An email notification is now sent when a patient's second appointment is booked.
- Initial work to allow "catchment areas" for directory listings (coming soon).
- Signatures are now prominently displayed at the bottom of each eReferral.
- Added subfolders for sent eRequests.
- In the Send Patient Message dialog, eForm name/preview/remove buttons are now available. The eForms can be dragged and dropped. Styling and accessibility in this area has also been improved.
- Added a configurable option to block kiosk check-ins for patient's arriving too early.
- Fixed a bug in the eForm Editor that triggered an error when adding an eForm Action.
- In the popup referral view there is now a small extra plain-text heading that shows at the top of the General panel when at the eReferral owner's site: "For: (listing title)". This caption is intended to clarify which listing is currently assigned to the referral.
- Updates to the patient's demographics or contact information will trigger the sending of an automatic message on the referral to all referral stakeholder sites (other than the site that made the change).
- A detailed user activity report is now available for auditing purposes in the site's Admin tab.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for February 26th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- Upgraded support for ONE ID authentication to prepare for production go-live (coming soon!).
- Improved load times for Ocean health map when linking directly to an eReferral for a specific listing.
- Added sorting to Clinician and Status columns in eRequest Sent folder.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for February 20th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- Added support in the Ocean health map for a URL parameter (eg. 'hs=MRI'), to allow a link to preselect a search category in the directory view.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent a user from saving their eReferral after sending a message with a canned response.
- When a patient changes their email in Ocean Tablet, the new email address is now immediately available in Ocean Online for web questionnaires and secure messaging.
- Fixed a bug to support JPEGs in the eForm editor.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for February 12th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- Each stakeholder site (other than the referrer) is now informed when a referral note is edited.
- Added a checkbox during referral creation to indicate whether PHI has been restricted.
- Added three (3) new explanatory options when declining an eReferral.
- Fixed a bug where 2-character listings in the Ocean eReferral Network were not searchable.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent a warning whenever an eReferral was sent without an attachment.
- Improved error handling when corrupt/invalid PDFs are attached to a referral.
- New feature: Direct messages now support canned responses. (As part of this change, the eRequest Management tab under Admin has been renamed to "Canned Messages".)
- Inbound eRequest now presents blank referrer information by default.
- MoH health card validation (HCV) can now be configured from Tablet settings within Ocean.
- Encounter notes are now pulled into Oscar via the REST API by default.
- Improved error handling during decryption of a secure message.
- Added an option to require email confirmation for patients booking appointments.
- Fixed a bug where the secure message dialog would reset if the user's session timed out.
- Fixed an issue where downloaded eRequests could lose their font colour.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for January 29th 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- New feature: You can now configure hyperlinks in the PS Suite EMR to launch the Ocean Health Map with a pre-specified eReferral listing, allowing you to start an eReferral without searching the directory.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent eReferrals from printing properly when multiple attachments are included.
- Changed the patient email notification to indicate when a referral is rescheduled.
- New feature (beta): Ocean is now able to accept walk-in patients. Once enabled, walk-ins can swipe-in using Ocean Tablet (in kiosk mode) and can be viewed from the Patient Tab in Ocean. An appointment will be added to the EMR "walk-in" provider schedule if configured.
- Improved audit logging for Ontario MoH HCV.
- Fixed a bug preventing the @ptNextApptDate keyword from working when using Ocean with the TELUS PS Suite API.
- Initial work towards Romanian language support on Ocean Tablet (coming soon!)
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a user from logging in after they have been given access to a site.
- Improved error handling and diagnostic reporting for secure messaging.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for January 22nd 2018 at 9:30 PM EST contains the following fixes and improvements.
- Central intake and referral-owning sites are now able to edit the referral note when the referral is a 'child referral', such as one added by the Create Related Referral, or created via splitting a master referral.
- Added a new field to allow diagnostic imaging wait times to be more granular: ax_examType.
- Fixed the new "clean" referral analytics export to properly filter on master, test and deleted (some edge cases, e.g. older referrals, were not properly in the initial iteration).
- Referral forms and triage/review forms now have access to some useful keywords: 'refRt', 'refOffering', 'refServices', 'refRtServices'. These allow very granular service availability logic to be scripted into forms shared by multiple sites (initial use case is the universal DI referral form in WWLHIN, which can show different information depending on the hospital and health services requested).
- We improved the way a post-hoc referral note edit is managed (e.g. when the referrer updates the referral form/note after initial send). Now a note, "The referral note was edited." will appear when a referrer updates the referral. If it is updated after the referral has been accepted by the destination site, it will be marked as needing review by the referral's owner site.
- Fixed a bug that appeared if you opened a referral from a PSS referral form and opened the comment drop-down.
- Improved the new appointment "needs notification" flagging logic to account for self-referrals and older referrals (which were incorrectly flagged as needing notification).
- Fixed an edge case issue in which a referral would refused to be declined if the referral was forwarded to the same site (e.g. clinic A forwards to clinic A). Now it checks to see whether the most recent forward was from the same site; if so, it ignores it and declines the referral as it normally would. It only 'bounces' back now to the previous site on a decline when it has been forwarded and the most recent forward was from a different site.
- Ocean will now show the referrer's address information when printing referrals in the directory.
- You can now decline referrals even if they've been booked.
- Improved error messages when a corrupt attachment file is uploaded.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in an error popup when clearing the email address after the referrer indicates "Do Not Use Email".
- New feature: you can now have eForm notes generate "red flags" at the note level. Patient note/questionnaire updates can now be optionally flagged as RED/ORANGE/YELLOW/GREEN/PURPLE/BLUE using a hidden 'noteFlag' item. These note flags will update the status icon in the Patients tab with an asterisk (*) with the corresponding colour. They will also update the notification email subject line with a " (RED)" suffix and an extra paragraph "The response has been flagged as RED." in the email body.
- TELUS API users will now have access to the Day Sheet view mode (like Accuro users), making it easy to see appointments in Ocean and, as needed, to retrieve patients from the EMR using the "Fetch by HN" function.
- Added code to guard against a non-reproducible issue in which an unknown IE version could munge together "ocean" and "cognisantmd" in a URL while generating an Ocean Online invitation, thus rendering the URL in the email invalid ("oceancognisantmd.com"). The links will now be generated with code that should be more cross-browser-friendly.
- Added code to guard against an issue reported by two clinics in which the confirmation popup dialog was skipped after sending Ocean Online invitations despite successful sends.
- Added a new report for exporting real-time Ontario MoH HCV audit data.
- Added the ability to store Ontario MoH HCV credentials in site settings for kiosk validation. Credentials are encrypted using the site shared encryption key for additional security.
- Addition work on eRequest module to allow appointment booking (not just requests), coupled with the ability to present forms for the visit type. Requires Ocean Online site-wide license.
- Fixes to a couple bugs related to the management of delegate users on the My Account page.
- Removed a benign error popup that would appear if the patient popup dialog in the Patients tab was closed before the data was completely loaded.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the OceanConnect version installed on a tablet to be lost from server temporarily if the same tablet was used for patient forms.
- Clinic staff can now "reset" Ocean Online invitations from the Patients tab in cases that the patient got the validation criteria wrong too many times.
- Improved user feedback when the encryption key is updated.
- Study forms will now be excluded from eRequest Link configuration eForm searches (since they should be instead created as public study links).
The Ocean Server release scheduled for January 8, 2018 at 9:30 PM EST includes the following:
- Appointment date/time can now be automatically set from Accuro via a CDS link or button.
- Added a number of referral analytics CSV export options (e.g. whether to include master, deleted and test referrals, and whether to base the search on creation date or modified date).
- Added additional protection against corrupt PDF file attachments (which can result from lab data exports from PSS).
- You can now decline an appointment even after it's been booked.
- Referrals declined from Pending Booking tab will now show up in declined tab.
- Sent referrals will now be correctly excluded from the "All Received" tab for sites that send and receive referrals.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an occasional load error editing an existing referral.
- Fixed a bug that caused referral count under the Processed folders to change if a referral within the tab is opened.
- Fixed a race-condition bug that could cause an occasional error sending a referral.
- Fixed a bug that meant that popup blockers in browsers could interfere with online booking links for listings in the Directory.
- Confirmed checkbox will now be cleared along with appointment info when a referral is forwarded from assessment centre to surgeon.
- Regional Authority agreement dialog will implicitly request consent to share the user's email address with the regional authority.
- Fixed a bug that defaulted the region for a Directory search to the centre of Canada in some instances
- Fixed a bug that showed "NaN" when an MRN is entered as a space character.
- New feature: clinicians can now delegate other Ocean users to act on their behalf, and the primary delegate can use the clinician's Ocean Online User subscription if enabled. You can manage delegate users in the user account settings page, and see clinicians for which you are a delegate.
- Fixed a bug that caused OSCAR measurements to be missed in some situations.
- Ocean Online DoB validation will now present a month dropdown (in English or French, depending on browser settings) instead of a numeric month to make it simpler for patients.
- Backend support for eRequest Links to do online bookings (coming soon!)
- New sites will default to 4 digit Ocean reference numbers now.
- Fix error that could occur if "New Patient" dialog closed with slow/failed network call.
- Focus will now properly be set on first visible field in form if first field is hidden.
The Ocean Server release scheduled for Dec 20, 2017 at 9:30 PM EST includes the following:
- Improved EMR integration with Accuro, OSCAR and PS Suite, particularly within the Patient Dashboard screen in Ocean
- The Patient Dashboard will now display all inbound and outbound eReferrals for a patient specific to an Ocean site
- Multiple different EMRs are now able to independently import and connect with a patient from a single eReferral
- Accuro users can now use a "Send Appointment Notification" CDS link to update an eReferral with an appointment date and time that is scheduled within Accuro.
- Accuro users can now send an eReferral directly from their EMR to a specific favourite listing instead of having to navigate the health service directory
Add a new feature for central intake sites to manually fax forward comments that were added to a referral post-forwarding. The Messages panel has a new menu option for individual comments: "Download Addendum Letter". This menu option will create a letter with the same header as the main "Download Referral Letter", but prefixed with "Addendum to ". The addendum letter will printed only the selected comment/message printed below the patient and destination, along with its attachment if applicable; all the other referral fields on the letter are excluded.
Referrer notification emails will now use the referrer's name (the name that was typed in the Signature box) instead of their username to improve readability
- The Scheduling Pane is collapsed now for eReferrals opened by central intake that haven't yet been forwarded.
- The referral view will show the gender/sex such as "M" or "F" next to the patient's age in addition to the gender icon above it.
- The Patient Satisfaction Survey link's text as well as the URL is now customizable for regional authorities.
- Booking comments are now cleared when a referral is forwarded (previously only the appointment dates were cleared).
"Inbound" eReferrals created internally within the eRequests tab for specialist sites will no longer automatically redirect to central intake
- Improve the single sign-on linkage buttons shown for OSCAR and Accuro to say, "EMR Single Sign-On: ...", instead of "Hello oscarUser" or "Hello 72"
- Fixed a bug that prevented referrals sent with follow-up attachments/comments by the referrer from appearing in the New tab.
- Fixed a bug that prevented users from opening encrypted referrals when the site's shared encryption key isn't available.
- Fixed a bug in the eRequests tab that resulted in the count in the Completed tab incorrectly displaying as 0 when an eReferral is opened in this tab.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly tagged manually-fax-forwarded referrals as eReferrals that were e-forwarded when the listing did not have a recorded fax number; existing analytics records have been repaired to correct this bug as well.
- Fixed the display of the active eReferrals count to say "1 active eReferral" instead of "1 active eReferrals" in OSCAR
- Fixed the file type filtering in Firefox to prevent invalid attachment files from being selected (previously these file types triggered a silent error)
Patient Engagement & Platform
The Ocean Server release scheduled for Dec 4, 2017 at 9:30 PM EST includes the following:
- Performance improvements on eRequest tab load for sites with lots of referrals (via not counting inactive referrals).
- Central Intake can now decline referrals even after forwarding to a specialist.
- Improved error message when trying to access an attachment without the encryption key.
- Added protection to avoid purging "master" referral records before child referrals.
- Referrals that are reassigned for a different reviewer at a site will no longer appear in the original reviewers "for me" folder.
- Fixed a few missing analytics fields for self-referrals (age, city, geocoding lat/long).
- Fixed a few access-denied errors that can result from manipulating referrals as an anonymous EMR user or access-key-based user.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in the modification date remaining unchanged on a referral when it is cancelled. (This is important to ensure the CarePortal is notified of the change.)
- Referrals sent from "clinic A" to "clinic A" will now properly appear in the sent box.
Patient Engagement & Platform:
- Server side support for blocking OceanConnect registrations for new TELUS clients unless a contract number has been provided by TELUS.
- EForm Editor: fixed a bug that prevented setting flags (i.e. colours) for notes associated with specific choices for a menu item.
- Minor fix to default patient tab view to "find" mode in most cases.
The Ocean Server release scheduled for Nov 27 at 9:30 PM EST includes the following:
Clicking an attachment opens an attachment preview instead of deleting the attachment (but clicking on the delete X button will still delete it), and a better error message will appear if the file is moved prior to upload.
- Email address will be deleted from referrals if email consent is not granted at time of send.
Fixed a bug that made private comments invisible at a site that needs to review them when the referral is owned by a different site.
- Fixed a broken link in the eReferral comment notifications.
Fixed an issue that could cause regional authority license agreement consents to be logged multiple times.
- Fixed an error that could occur when opening an encrypted referral without the encryption key (e.g. for support).
- Fixed a bug that skipped patient booking notifications for self-referrals for central intake.
- Changed the the deletion of eReferrals to update the corresponding analytics record to allow synchronized data warehouses (e.g. Think Research EntryPoint) to detect such deletions.
- Fixed an error that appears if you click the reload button after uploading an attachment to a referral.
- CarePortal self-referral form has slightly updated labels (e.g. "First name" instead of "First").
- New TELUS clients connecting via the TELUS API will no longer be able to use "pay as you go" Ocean Online messages (i.e. the $0.10/0.40 option). New non-TELUS clients can enable this via the Admin->Site Features page. We've also updated our license agreement to account for the TELUS license agreement for new signups.
- Added server-side support for "late check-in" blocks, which tells patient to go to the reception desk if more than X minutes late for the appointment (X can be defined in the tablet group settings in the Tablets tab of the web portal).
- Added server-side support for the "pt.hasOnDemandForms()" rule on tablets (which returns true if a clinician has specifically selected forms for the patient).
The Ocean Server release scheduled for Nov 20, 2017 at 9:30 PM EST includes the following fixes and improvements:
- The 'priority' field has been loosened to allow forms to populate any values, not just the P1, P2, etc. values. Note that these will be still be sorted alphabetically (which works for P1, P2 etc. but may not work).
- Wait time analytics indicator icon will now also show up for referral viewers who do not own the referral (i.e. when the booking panel is read-only).
- Referral export report will now include the referral reference identifier.
- Referral deletion warning emails will now include the health service and date of the referral to make it easier to track down (particularly in cases that another user may have extended them).
- Fixed access denied error that occurs when the sending and received EMR are the same, and the referral is opened from the EMR.
- Fixed an error that can occur when calculating analytics data when referral has been revoked.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't allow "enable eReferrals" before a public/private key exists for a site.
- Fixed a bug that disabled the eRefer button when user logs in from the 'send referral' dialog before sending to a regional authority linked target due to the regional authority agreement requirement.
- Fixed access denied bug opening referrals from referral comment notification emails.
- Fixed a bug that caused a duplicate note to appear when the "notify" button is clicked.
- Fixed an access denied error that appears when a not-logged-in user tries to send a referral to a referral target within a regional authority network.
- Fixed bug that caused completed referrals to show up in the 'booked - unconfirmed' tab (if not confirmed prior to completion).
- Fixed bug so that "Please Decline" comment is properly saved in Referral View when Decline is clicked in Review popup.
- Added configuration control for linking different Ocean servers to different CarePortal environments.
- Changing "Clinician Type" in user preferences to now automatically set whether the user is a physician (previously these were independently maintained).
- Minor fix to disambiguate forms in eRequest eFormAction triggers to be linked to site with which the eRequest is associated.
- Minor performance improvements in portal UI.
The Ocean Release scheduled for Nov 13, 2017 at 9:30 PM EST includes the following:
- We've refactored the review request logic to be more flexible. It's now based on individual notes, which will show a checkbox when reviewed, and the referral will be "needing review" when a note for a particular user or clinic has not been reviewed. We're also now tracking review requests in the notes panel.
- Non-physicians (as marked in their Ocean user account) sending referrals will now see the attending physician from the patient object instead of "their" "clinician" name. This should simplify and be a generally more accurate referral footer than current for most situations in which an MOA is referring on behalf of multiple clinicians.
- Added early support for uploading supervising physician from EMRs.
- Anonymous users and EMR SSO users who agree to a regional authority's license agreement will now be included in the report available within the regional authority site (previously it was only capturing registered users who agree to the terms).
- Added an "included in wait time analytics" icon that appears next to the appointment date/time if the referral qualified (i.e. is not subject to disqualification due to patient related factors like patient declined appointment).
- Email consent granted is now the default option in the referrer prompt for keyboard expediency.
- The system will now show an error if you try to resend appointment notification when no patient email is available.
- Changing a child referral health service will now properly update the corresponding master, if any, including analytics data and the description field.
- Fixed a bug that prevented "accepted" referrals from being subsequently declined.
- Fixed a few minor bugs in the "save for later" process for referrers (related to EMR SSO users, requiring an encryption key, etc.)
- "Review Form Revised" placeholder notes will now be marked private by default.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Reviewed" button from showing in the review panel for some referrers.
- Added new "please wait" glass panel when referral is submitted to protect against double-submits.
- Booking comments will be blanked out when a referral is resubmitted (after being declined for example).
- Fixed a bug that caused an error while revoking a referral in some situations.
- Fixed a couple bugs that occur when you are viewing a referral with an attachment without the encryption key.
- We've added a number of new keywords for use in referral notes and review forms: refRt (the ref of the listing), refRtServices (a pipe-delimited list of the services associated with the listing), refOffering (the offering ref), refServices (a pipe-delimited list of the services associated with the referral).
- Fixed an analytics bug that left "reason for decline" populated even if a referral was resubmitted.
- The eForm Editor's history panel will now display the user along with the timestamp for previous revisions of the eForm.
- Changed the retention/purge logic to retain patient records longer than seven days if the patient receives an attachment through an Ocean Online message and indicates that they are not done with it. In such cases, the original expiry on the invitation will remain in effect (default is 100 days).
- Added basic server-side support for new some exciting new walk-in/urgent-care kiosk features coming soon.
- Minor fix to update the read-only fields in the Ocean Online template when the user logs in from EMR single-sign-on mode (in case Ocean user account has admin permissions).
- Ocean Form Reminders rule builder has been simplified for TELUS PS Suite clients since type and reason aren't independent fields in PS Suite like they are in other EMRs.
- Fixed the approxAgeInDays keyword.
The Ocean server release tentatively scheduled for 9:30 PM on Mon, Nov 6, 2017 will contain the following changes:
- In the eForm Editor's eForm Properties Dialog: Added a tooltip to the List In Directory checkbox that clarifies the reason why an eForm with a parent eForm at another site is not available for sharing
- The "Standard Wolf Appointment Importer" is available again for the standard appointment export from Wolf EMR. The newer Wolf importer for exports from custom searches has been renamed to "Wolf Patient Importer"
To prevent referrals from being sent accidentally for the wrong patient or referring clinician, a simple confirmation prompt is now shown when sending an eReferral which highlights the patient and referrer information.
The referral window has undergone a number of backend changes to improve the long-term reliability and usability involved with updating/saving referrals. Each panel within the referral now is capable of independently saving changes within its own context, reducing the need to save-and-close the window to view updates. The audit logging of referral changes is improved as a result as well.
- The Review functionality is improved as part of this change: Users can now proceed to Review/triage the referral and then add a separate note without closing the dialog first.
- Revising a prior Review now will now leave the old note in the Notes view but with its contents replaced with a small "Review form revised" note. Previously the Review would delete the previous note.
- In the Referral view, some users were reporting that the focus and browser scroll view would shift to the MRN when they changed the month in the Scheduling calendar. An attempted fix is included to hopefully prevent this from happening.
The "Site Not Yet Validated" warning is no longer shown when sending eReferrals to sites that are configured to redirect referrals to a validated central intake listing
- New analytic fields are available in the API and servlet export:
referredByUserName - the username representing the current user sending the eReferral (which may in the future represent a delegated administrative user, as opposed to being the same person as the referrer)
referredByAnonymousEmrUser - a flag that indicates a referrer was signed in as an EMR user without an Ocean account
referrerUserName - the user name representing the referring clinician, if available
ax_preferredWasChosen - a flag to indicate that a specialist was the preferred one specified by the referrer
- The View Event Log again shows the referral's reference tag.
The Recently Viewed tab will now show referrals accessed by an email link as well as referrals viewed in the Sent tab.
- Previously the "Send Message" dropdown menu in the referral view would sometimes show the referring site twice in the list. This bug has now been fixed.
- The Regional Authority listing review/validation process has been improved with additional logging and warnings where applicable, as well as a minor change to the approval notification email sent to sites.
Patient Portal and API Support
- Ocean references to the patient portal have been changed to CarePortal.
- Several CSS stylesheet improvements have been included specifically for the CarePortal to improve the aesthetics and accessibility for patients.
- The API now supports a "keyword" and "title" search parameter
- Fixed a bug that prevented the API from granting certain sites from accessing a referral
The Ocean server release tentatively scheduled for 9:30 PM on Mon, Oct 23, 2017 will contain the following changes:
- Improved the error handling for eRequest and Online Form submissions in situations where there is little or no network connectivity. Now patients will see appropriate error messages indicating that the submission was incomplete due to networking errors. Patients can now retry their submission, potentially preventing situations where their answers would otherwise be lost.
- Simple batch emails will now populate the "Emailed" column for patients with the date of emailing when the emails are successfully sent.
- The loading and response time for patient uploads triggered by the CDS link in Accuro is significantly improved.
- Fixed a bug related to the loading of temporary "stub" Ocean patients (patient records that are awaiting EMR upload of patient data) on the tablet.
- The eForm editor will now show the "Please Wait" indicator for saves that take more than 1 second (usually due to networking delays)
- The minimum supported Ocean tablet version is bumped from 146 to 147
- The "Awaiting Reply" status is now cleared when a referral is forwarded
- Fixed a bug that prevented some of the EMR user's referrer/contact information from populating in the Send Referral dialog after the user links their EMR account to his/her Ocean account
Changed Self referrals to show "Patient" instead of "null" in the Source column in the inbox
- Referrals sent to Test and Demo listings are now appropriately flagged as Test Referrals in the Referral View and the analytic exports
- Marking (and unmarking) referrals as Test Referrals are now immediately reflected in the analytics export (previously, an additional referral save was required before this change was logged in the export)
- The Referral Event Log has an improved layout and appearance
- Fixed an error related to the loading of encrypted attachments in an encrypted referral
- Fixed a bug related to saving Referral PDF printing for image attachments that fail to load (due to corruption or unsupported file formats)
Referrers are no longer able to add notes to the Notes view (as before, referrers should use the Send Message functionality in the referral view if he/she wishes to communicate with the referral receiver)
There are now fewer items in the Action menu shown to referrers. The menu is now reflective of the actions that they can actually perform (such as canceling referrals)
- Fictional directory listings can now be tagged as "Demo" listings. Demo listings show as "(DEMO LISTING)" in the directory. (Note: Real-world listings can still be tagged independently as "Test Listings", to indicate that they are testing eReferrals but are nonetheless real sites that may continue to receive faxed referrals)
- Test listings no longer show "(TEST LISTING)" in the directory (in an effort to avoid giving the false impression to referrers that a test listing is fictional or unable to redirect to central intake)
- Test listings will show "* This site is accepting test eReferrals only." when referrers select it in the directory (unless the listing has a central intake redirect, in which case it avoids showing this warning, since real eReferrals can be redirected to central intake in this manner)
- The Send Referral dialog will show "Send Test eReferral" instead of "Send eReferral" for demo and test listings that accept direct eReferrals
Referrals are now marked as test referrals when they are electronically forwarded to a test listing; otherwise they are left as "real referrals" even when they are manually faxed to test listings. The forwarder is notified as follows:
For manual forwards to test listings: "This listing is marked as a test listing, but since you are faxing the referral manually, it will be left as a *real* referral. If it should be a test referral, please proceed mark it as a test referral in the referral view.".
For electronic forwards: "Since this is a test listing, this referral will be marked automatically as a test referral once it is forwarded."
Referrals are now marked as test referrals when they are forwarded (electronically or manually) to a demo listing. The forwarder is notified as follows: "Since this is a demo listing, this referral will be marked automatically as a test referral once it is forwarded."
- Fixed a bug related to saving a new Google Places listing in the directory
- Users are now prevented from deleting any listings that have live referrals
Patient Portal Support
- Ocean will no longer send referral status notification emails to patients who have consented to use the patient portal (since the patient portal sends these notification emails instead)
- Self-referral forms will no longer show the Service panel when an offering is pre-specified by the patient portal
- The referral API now supports the loading of referral attachments as well as additional information for health service offerings (particularly flags relating to accepting self referrals and accepting referrals)
The Ocean server release scheduled for Mon Oct 16 at 9:30 PM ET will contain the following changes:
- Referrers are no longer able to change the triaging notes entered by central intake or the specialist site.
- The aesthetics and layout of self-referral forms in the Patient Portal have been improved.
- The referral summary shown to referrers after sending an eReferral now includes a hyperlink to the referral. Along with the referral note, this link can be saved by the referrer for future access to the referral, independent of the Ocean portal and EMR.
- Claiming a Google Places listing in the directory now works as expected.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in an error when accessing the Action menu via the PSS eReferral custom form.
- Fixed some of the miscounts in the eRequest Inbox that could lead to an increased number of referrals showing when a tab is clicked, particularly with regard to forwarded referrals.
- The Test Referral status now displays as part of the referral's title.
- Referrals can now be manually marked or unmarked as a Test Referral. These events are shown in the referral's Event Log.
- Updated/fixed logic for some referral analytics fields for referrals (recipientFaxNumber, sentToTestListing, creationDate for referral children).
- Changes to the health service offerings title and description (if made from this point forward) will be accessible in the "Any Listing Containing" search.
- Fixed an "ipinfo.io" error that shows when viewing OceanHealthMap.ca with IE9
- Fixed a few minor bugs related to the new ability to view an encrypted referral.
- The "All Received" referrals folder will now include referrals in the "new" folder.
- Minor terminology changes to the note section in the referral view for central intake: now master referral notes are labeled "Master Referral Notes" for clarity, with a button to view the corresponding master referral.
- Minor fix to more reliably pre-populate the clinician type based on user settings in the referral signature panel.
- Changes to the Ocean Online email secure message templates are further restricted for non-site administrator users: now "Allow Reply" and the validation criteria are also locked down.
- The Wolf EMR Importer is now more flexible with regard to the field formatting and it now accepts a txt format.
- Fixed a bug when clicking the Cancel button in the Reset Password screen.
- Fixed a minor bug related to the CDS link feature in Accuro that showed the Please Wait screen.
- Ocean Tablet minimum version bumped from 145 to 146.
The Ocean Server release scheduled for Tuesday October 10, 2017 at 9:00PM ET includes the following
- Added support for "outbox" tracking when referrals are sent without the shared encryption key.
- Added a button to resend the appointment details to a patient.
- To help our support partners, added support to allow users to view referrals without the encryption key (PHI is omitted) e.g. for visibility into event log etc., and added the referral reference into the referral export for troubleshooting.
- Self-referrals from the patient portal will be marked as "Patient" for the referrer in analytics.
- Fixing bug that would send email notification to patient for declined referrals irrespective of user's choice.
- Fixed a couple bugs around the inbox counts relating to revoked manual forwards.
- Referral analytics export will now include the "sentToTestListing" flag.
- Fixed a race-condition that could cause clinician signature information to not autopopulate in the referral send dialog. Also added code to auto-generate a signature based on user information for first time referrers.
- Added bookingFileRef to the Ocean API to allow the patient portal to retrieve appointment instruction files sent to patients.
- Added "please wait" message while submitting a referral to avoid timing issues with double-submits.
- Fixed a bug declining referrals within the review panel.
- Minimum tablet version is now 145.
- Added date validation to date-type items in case a date is typed instead of being entered using the date picker.
The Ocean Server upgrade scheduled for October 2, 2017 at 9pm ET includes the following:
- New feature: now you can attach appointment instruction documents for patients when booking appointments. In particular, this will allow central intake staff to simply forward along any instructional information faxed from the orthopedic surgeon to both the patient and the referring physician.
- New referral notifications will now provide a breakdown of referral types and break out patient self-referrals (e.g. web forms on a clinic's website).
- Patient Portal API will now return the referral description, and self-referrals from the Think Research Care Portal will now skip the email consent check.
- Added a safety check to ensure that you can't accept eReferrals without a valid public key.
- Added contextual user help in the scheduling panel. It will now inform the user who will be notified (e.g. referring clinician and/or patient, if email address is available) and explains for non-owning sites why they can't update the appointment info.
- Fixed a bug in the URL generated by the "save for later" feature.
- Fixed a bug accessing referrals from the link embedded in the "Needs Review" email (it signed in under the user's default site instead of the site owning the referral).
- Fixed a bug in the "revoke" process for manually forwarded referrals.
- Fixed a bug that would not choose the correct health service to start a referral when the eRefer process is started in the health service detail box.
- Made a change to the cryptographic logic for new referrals to convert to a clinic-specific encryption algorithm on the initial save; this may result in a small performance improvement in the referral inbox.
- Added some help text to clarify the site ownership of a referral: it shows 'Referral Resides with:' at the top of the referral when the referral is not owned by the current site.
- Ocean Study "export related study" feature will now always show the EMR ID if available for a particular row of data.
- Added a warning to users that the email body for a secure message will not be saved or audit-saved in Ocean (and is therefore not an appropriate place to put important info; the secure message box should be used appropriate).
- Added a fix to the new RESTful API integration for OSCAR notes to address "race-condition" that resulted in demographic updates from a tablet being ignored. OSCAR users will now see a "please wait" message when this new mode is enabled.
- We've changed the patient data purge policy logic to address an issue in which patients could be removed from Ocean prematurely if the patient is re-uploaded into Ocean.
- Added a new validation option to the eFormEditor to validate dates (in case a patient types in a date into a text field; normally date pickers should be used).
The Ocean Server release scheduled for September 26 at 9PM includes the following:
- You can now delete messaging comments that sent on a referral (restricted to your comments)
- You have a chance to delete attachments in the referral messaging panel in case the wrong attachment was uploaded.
- The "All Referrals" box will now include all referrals accessible to the site, including those that were declined, cancelled and revoked.
- We've added the ability for a specialist site to "resubmit" a referral that was previously declined.
- Ocean will pre-populate the "signature" box based on the user's name for convenience if it hasn't already been set for a user.
- Minor fixes around search, referral form and health service mapping logic related to Google listing results.
- The "Completed" tab will include forwarded referrals now.
- Improvements and fixes to the Patient Portal self-referral API integration, including supporting multiple health services in a single referral target search, returning "offeringRef" values in referral target detail responses and supporting the initialization of self-referral patient data.
- Referrers using IE11+ will be able to attach files in the "Send Referral" dialog to bring parity with other browsers. User running IE10 or below will see a message in place of the attachment panel that says that referral attachments require a more modern browser (this limitation is due to the manner in which Ocean encrypts referrals prior to upload).
- Fix to referral printouts to display circular bullet and angle bracket characters properly.
- Fixed a bug that would cause referrals viewed via an email link to be omitted from the "recently viewed" history folder, and also removed the "close" button from the referral view dialog when opened from the email link (since it didn't make sense to close in that context).
- Fixed a bug that would hide the provider in the list view for manually forwarded referrals.
- Clinician info fields used for referral signatures (such as billing number and fax number) have been added to the User Details page (accessible via "View My Account") to allow users to maintain this data without saving as part of sending a referral. This also addresses a bug that would cause the clinician info data to be lost when unrelated user details were saved.
- Fixed the decline function on manually forwarded referrals.
- Referrers will now also see referrals scheduled for removal in "Deletion Warnings" folder.
- We've added a "patient dashboard" so that Accuro users can use contextual "CDS" links to load all necessary Ocean information and functions for a patient (in addition to existing CDS link shortcuts to load forms, refer, etc.) for more advanced functionality like updating a patient's existing Ocean eForm queue. We've also added core support for real-time retrieval of patients from Accuro if a CDS link has been invoked for a patient not already in Ocean; this functionality will require a new OceanConnect version that will be released next week.
- Minor fixes to layout of the new Reminder Rule Builder module for Accuro (and soon PSS) users.
- Minimum accepted Ocean Tablet version has been updated from 143 to 144.
- Happy news for eForm Editor users: we added drag-and-drop support for reordering menu choices in the eForm Editor.
- Monthly invoices will show the start and end dates on separate lines and the end date will now be the last day of the month instead of the first of the following.
- The Encryption Key admin panel will show the full name of the last user to update it, instead of just the username (which can be a bit cryptic sometimes).
The Ocean Server release scheduled for Sept 18, 2017 at 9:00 PM ET will include the following:
- New feature: referral targets can now have the central intake service set, and thus show up in the directory with a green arrow, even without "accept eReferral" enabled (meaning they will need to get the referrals as faxes from central intake until "Accept eReferral" is enabled).
- A few minor fixes to the ONE ID authentication flow.
- Fixed the referral analytics engine to preserve the regional authority for a referral after manual forwarding (previously, this would remove the regional authority since the target site would generally not be part of the regional authority).
- The referral analytics export report will now be based on creation date, instead of last modification date (the referral analytics RESTful API will continue to be based on modification date, however).
- Anonymous EMR users are now able to sign-in when referring through the standard Ocean custom form (e.g. "find health service" or "refer" from the toolbar)
- Added support for eHealth Ontario's Provincial Provider Registry through an import/update job.
- Some bug fixes around the "awaiting reply"/"needs review" flow modified in the last release to be site specific.
- Users can now revoke "manually forwarded" referrals in addition to electronically-forwarded referrals.
- Fixed a bug that prevented closing the referral popup when clicking the bottom buttons after opening a child referral.
- The messaging chatbox for a referral will show when a message is sent to the current site.
- Added patient gender to referral printout.
- Referrer-only sites will no longer be notified about referrals pending deletion (since such referrals would be owned by a recipient site).
- Fixed the referral count code so that walk-ins aren't counted in the tab total for the Pending Booking tab.
- Minor fix in the Send Referral dialog regarding the referral form determination: when a referral to a target is without a specified health service, it defaults to the first menu option.
- Added an extra warning if a referrer is sending a referral without the shared encryption key available (i.e. if they choose not to "activate the outbox")
- The system will now skip "your referral has been forwarded" patient notifications when the referral is forwarded to central intake.
- Added a warning when a referrer tries to cancel a referral to clarify when a referral should simply be updated instead of cancelled.
- User will now be prompted whether or not a patient should be notified when declining a referral.
- The eRequest "sent" folder will now show the EMR ID (e.g. the PSS ID) in a column.
- "Service description" is now returned in the referral target retrieval API.
- Added a new API method to allow the Patient Portal to upload patients for self-referrals.
- Fixed a bug in the referral target API for sites with no languages defined.
- A performance improvement that will slightly improve referral load times.
- A couple layout changes to the referral printout:
- Added title "Messages Sent", "Notes" and "Triage Notes" to the relevant sections in the Referral Printout
- Re-ordered Notes and Messages Sent (shows Notes at the end since they are the most relevant to the specialist)
- New feature: "quick rules" for appointment form reminders! Want to send forms to patients automatically based on the reason for visit? We've made that much easier. Available for Accuro clinics; support for PS Suite coming soon.
- Made the Wolf appointment file importer a bit more robust so files will still import properly if the formatting is a bit off.
- Fixed a bug that prevented eForm hyperlinks from opening if a browser popup blocker is installed.
- Minimum tablet version has been updated from 142 to 143.
- Added support for the CMA/Joule eStore signup flow (once the link is available in the eStore)
- You can now open the patient info popup even if the patient is encrypted (the PHI will obviously still not be accessible but the action buttons will be).
- Monthly invoice emails will now include the start and end date (previously only visible in the application invoice view).
The Ocean Server release scheduled for September 5, 2017 at 9:00PM includes the following:
- In order to improve the flow for central intake referrals, we've updated the "Awaiting Reply" status to be site-specific; if a referral is marked "awaiting reply", it only appears that way for the site that so designated it. This will also solve a related issue in which central intake could not accept a reply for a referral that had been forwarded.
- Fixed the 'featured site' quick referral links in the directory to auto-select the designated health service by default.
- Fixed the helper icons in the referral list view to display properly for a few messaging site-to-site message flow scenarios (e.g. forwarded manually, attachments, etc.)
- Tweaked the behaviour of the search bar to show the patient address fields as soon as a search type is changed to make it more intuitive.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an unlinked survey invitation to appear at the bottom of booking notifications.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the wrong referral form to appear for a referral target in cases that a health service provider is using a central intake service but does not have the central intake referral eForm in their site; it will now always pull the correct referral form from the central intake site.
- Added tiff file type support for referral PDF generation.
- Fix to logout flow for ONE ID authentication.
- Fixed a bug in "central intake" toggle checkbox under Admin->Listings.
- More work around eHealth Ontario Provincial Provider Registry synchronization code.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the referral 'sent' box from appearing in the eRequest tab for senders that do not have "accept eReferrals" checked.
- Minor UI fixes: fix to reduce flicker effect when loading a referral; added please wait message to export dialog, 'Send Referral' has now been renamed to 'View Directory' to differentiate from "new inbound referral".
- To aid 3rd party integrators using the API, you can now get the referral target reference from the directory UI by hovering over the title.
- Added new API for retrieving self-referral targets for the Patient Portal.
- Additional analytics fields added: recipientClinicianFirstName, recipientClinicianSurname, recipientClinicianProfId. We've also fixed up the CSV export to match the API exactly (a few fields were missing from the CSV.)
- We have added an additional mechanism for adding OSCAR notes to a chart in OSCAR 15 using web services. This may circumvent issues experienced by sites that use the "sign and save" feature. It can be enabled in the Ocean settings available from the Ocean eForm in OSCAR.
- Minimum tablet version has been bumped from 141 to 142.
- Minor updates to the TELUS sign-up page (e.g. updating logo to TELUS instead of TELUS PSS).
The release tentatively scheduled for August 28, 2017 contains the following improvements:
General eReferral Fixes
- Added "unclaim" functionality for a selected listing at an Ocean site
- Fixed a bug that prevented the correct referral form from showing when sending an eReferral to a listing with more than one offering with the same health service (e.g. two Diabetes Education offerings)
- Improved the directory administrator review management workflow for claimed sites
- Patient portal integration: added OAuth support
- Analytics support: added fields for tracking initial MAC assessment data and initialContactAttemptDate / ax_initialContactAttemptDate
- Improved the saving/closing/opening behaviour of referrals when viewed in the Referral.html view (accessed via email notifications and quick referral forms)\
- Fixed a bug triggered by clicking Notify to send email notification to Reviewer
- Fixed a bug that would load two referral windows when a referral was double-clicked
- In the referral view, the message "Click Here If Confirmed With Patient" is now hidden for recipient sites (whenever the rest of the booking panel is shown), since the Confirmed checkbox provides this functionality
- Bug fix: in the Forward dialog, it now hides the redundant "Manually fax..." button when the default and only option is to manually fax.
- Referrals marked as Await Reply will now clear their review status, allowing these referrals to automatically move out of the Needs Review tab without having to re-open them
- The Noted date is now set on the referral's children when the referral is split or a master referral (triage note) is updated
- Improvements to the Download Letter / Referral PDF:
-- Now shows the Related Referrals and Triage Notes
-- Page numbers now show on attachments
-- The less-than and greater-than signs should be preserved properly now
- Improve loading and presentation of the Print Referral form for referrers
- The "Popular listings in your region" support has been expanded to include the new listings accepting eReferrals in the region.
- Fixed a bug related to referral favourites: there were a few instances where Ocean incorrectly concluded that the referral favourite title was old (regional favourites and health-service-based favourites)
- Fixed a bug that prevented the 'rtRef' URL argument from showing the desired listing when the currently-centred neighbourhood radius excluded the match
- Improved reliability and scalability of client geolocation neighbourhood detection for the initial centering of the map
- Fixed a bug that would accidentally sign out users when switching to the Zendesk support portal
- Improved the Wolf patient demographic bulk importer
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes prevent form validation from triggering for items that are shown immediately prior to the user moving to the next page
- Fixed a bug that would prevent patients or test users from accessing a secure message when the user's previous credentials were cached but no longer valid
The Ocean Server release scheduled for August 21, 2017 at 9:00 PM includes the following:
- Support for "partial-go-live" for regional coordination centre targets, in which some sites are accepting test eReferrals but live referrals are being processed through regional coordination centres at the same time. Specifically, the "forward" dialog will now show whether sites are in test mode, and in any case, regional coordinate centres can override the eReferral option and forward live offline referrals using the manual forward feature.
- Additional integration support for the Think Research Patient Portal.
- "Noted" column feature has been expanded to all sites, not just regional coordination centres.
- Additional supported analytics fields for orthopedics pathway.
- Added patient email address to Referral PDF Letter.
- Early support for Provincial Provider Registry integration.
- Fixed a bug causing an error during the auto-generation of private keys after enabling eReferrals via admin tab.
- Added ability for Regional Authority users to export a list of referrers who have explicitly agreed to the terms and conditions of the Regional Authority.
- "New Inbound Referral" button in the inbox will now allow user to choose the listing to which the referral should be sent if multiple are associated with the site.
- Fixed bug in which eReferral Resent email notification double-escaped apostrophes for the site title.
- Fixed bug that prevented the "source" from being displayed properly for newly created patients until refresh.
- Minor updates to Wolf file importer to address date format incompatibility.
- Minimum tablet version has been updated from 140 to 141.
- Beta support for Global CDS links in Accuro. With this new feature, a single site administrator of an Accuro clinic can add CDS links (as buttons or in the menu) for all users. The Ocean single-sign-on module will allow any Accuro user to then log directly into Ocean to send referrals, add forms, etc.
- Sites can now view previous Ocean invoices (without going into the payer's user account) via the Admin->Billing tab.
- Added Rx list to OSCAR integration.
The Ocean Server release scheduled for August 14, 2017 at 9:30 ET includes the following:
- Regional Coordination Centres (central intake) and specialist sites: Show Processed and Completed button will show up in more circumstances to ensure that referrals can be closed off (bookings no longer need to be confirmed; referrals with booking date on the current day can be closed off). Referrals will also remain in the Booked Confirmed tab until they are Processed for central intake sites.
- Regional Coordination Centres (central intake): Initial support for the triage workflow, in which a referral is initially forwarded for a triage appointment with an allied health professional. As part of this, forwarding a referral with an appointment set will prompt the user whether he/she wants a "note" to be generated detailing the initial appointment date/time (and clearing the initial appointment date time for the specialist). In the upcoming release, this initial date will be captured in referral analytics to support "wait time 1a" in the triage workflow.
- Fixed some bugs that would cause referrals to be missed in counts for the "Forwarded (New)" and "Forwarded (All)" folders for central intake.
- Fixed some inconsistent handling of birth date formats in referrals that caused problems sending referrals for some browser locales.
- Minor bug fixes around new add/remove listing functionality in Admin tab (save/cancel buttons weren't disappearing in some cases).
- Performance improvements for the review/triage form rendering for referral processing.
- The Patients tab now includes a "source" column, which shows how a patient got added to Ocean. Many will be from "EMR", but patients imported from eRequests (including eReferrals) will now have a "source", which can be set as part of the eReferral form via an "ax_source" item in the form.
- The Form Completion report will start to include the language that the patient used completing the form. Requires Tablet release v154 (not yet released).
- New patient batch file importer for TELUS Wolf EMR.
- "Note Downloaded" status changes will now properly auto-update in the Patients Tab in real-time.
- Some minor improvements around the Accuro patient fetch functionality error handling.
- Minimum tablet version is now 140.
- Invoices that are paid offline via cheque will now be properly marked "paid offline" in the billing tab.
- The Studies tab will now display a message if the Ocean Studies site-wide plan is in effect for the site, and the fee tier column for studies will be hidden (since all studies would be de facto free)
- We've added underlying support for ONE ID authentication (coming soon).
- Added code to ensure that EMRActions are always retrieved/processed by OceanConnect for Accuro in the correct order.
- Fixed a bug in the eForm Editor that could cause an error removing a validator from an item.
The Ocean Server release scheduled for July 31, 2017 at 9:00 PM ET includes the following:
- Enhancements have been made to the Sign Up page to improve communication with EMR partner organizations
- The Accuro CDS Link to Ocean feature has been improved to support patient uploads-on-demand. Previously this feature only worked for patients who were pre-uploaded to Ocean via the automatic scheduler uploader. The single-sign-on screen will now show a loading message while it awaits the upload of the patient from Accuro (Note: This feature requires the latest version of Ocean Connect to run on the clinic's tablet)
- The Admin tab now allows Ocean users to directly add or remove health service directory listings.
- When forwarding referrals with pre-specified appointment dates (either Book 1 or Book 2), rather than forcing the user to manually remove this values, Ocean offers to move the appointments into a summary note in the Notes view.
- Bug fix: The referral notification emails sent to referrers with no associated Ocean account had a link to the referral that wasn't working. The link now will load correctly and will no longer display "$emailTargetSiteNum" in the URL.
- Bug fix: The initial counts shown for the Booked - Unconfirmed tab should be correct and should no longer change to a smaller number when this tab is clicked. A total is now also shown for the Await Reply and Walk Ins tab (for sites that accept walk-ins).
- Bug fix: Users should be able to modify their referral notes via the Ocean eReferral form in PSS without signing into their Ocean account
- Bug fix: The Ocean eReferral form in PS Suite will automatically remove itself and replace itself with a progress summary note when a referral has been marked as "complete" on the receiving end (as it did in the past).
- Bug fix: Updating listings that have custom referral forms as an anonymous Internet user will no longer give an error related to date formats.
- Bug fix: The message shown to central intake when a forwarded referral is declined by the specialist had some garbled characters instead of the intended double-bullet to highlight the message. The bullets should render correctly now.
- Bug fix: Linking a listing to a Google Maps entry will fail gracefully now when there is no Google Places entry found.
The Ocean Server release scheduled for July 24, 2017 at 9:00 PM ET includes the following:
- For Accuro users, the CDS Link SSO support is improved:
- The link to the support article in the Configure Accuro CDS Links dialog to open in a new tab/window.
- You can now create CDS direct links to eRequests with the format: "?action=eRequest&eReqRef=myERequestLinkRef"
- You can now create CDS direct links to specific eReferral targets with specific referral forms
- For Ocean Connect users, there is now a process that runs every hours which will 'finalize' orphaned notes that are more than 4 hours old (such as notes that were entered on a tablet without the tablet session completing). This process allows the notes to download automatically into integrated EMRs such as Accuro.
- Searches for eForms within the eForm browser are likely to be a little faster now
- The 'Please Wait' modal loading screen has been updated to prevent accidental duplicate requests from being sent when the space bar is pressed twice
- There are several fixes to the eReferral "Save for Later" feature:
- The hyperlink shown to users when they Save for Later will load the correct referral form now and should succesfully display all of the referrer's changes.
- Now the EMR patient ID is included in the "Save for Later" such that it is successfully included with the referral when sent later on.
- The business extension number was repeated when the referral was displayed after being reloaded via the Save for Later functionality. The extension should display only once now.
- Clicking Save for Later as an anonymous user displayed the login dialog but then refreshed the whole page, causing the user to lose his or her changes. It should login successfully now.
- The notification should inform PSS users that they can click on the Open button now
- The second booking slot will now always show whenever the referral has a second booking, or when the referral has a Wait 2 specified, or when the offering has a default Wait 2 specified (which was the only condition checked previously)
- For the referral status summary shown in the Ocean eReferral form within PSS and the eReferral dashboard (which is shown for Accuro and OSCAR), there are a number of improvements to help users detect necessary status updates at a glance:
- When the referring site needs to respond to a message (i.e. it needs to review the referral), this fact is now shown more obviously using a "*****" at the end of the status summary
- The site that needs to review the referral is now shown with the site name instead of the site number (to make it more readable for clinicians)
- The referral comments are now shown as they originally were with "..." after a username and timestamp. The users can click to open the referral to see the details
- When sending referrals and adding an attachment, if a user Sign In is done as a result of adding the attachment file, it should now populate the referrer's signature information automatically, just like it does when the Sign In link is pressed
- The comments that are included with new eReferrals to hold attachments show a more intuitive header now, using the referrer's name as the comment author and the recipient site's title as the target.
- The Favourites Tab no longer shows the delete icon for the "Popular listings in your region" since the delete did nothing in this case
- The link from OSCAR to the patient's dashboard for viewing eReferrals no longer requires an Ocean login due to its use of the single-sign-on functionality
- The new Health Education and Supervised Exercise program-specific services will automatically add their parent health service
eReferral Notification Emails:
- It will now prioritize the referral's user-specific email over the site's referral notification email
- Email notifications sent to sites for referrals will now include the correct site number in the "View Referral link" for each individually-notified site.
- Removed the Appointment Declined menu option since feedback suggests it is redundant with regard to the "patient offered [earlier / later] appointment" options
- Ocean now avoids excluding a referral from wait time analytics when the "Patient missed appointment" option is chosen, unless there's another reason for analytics exclusion
- The new logic to bounce a referral back to a forwarding site when a referral is declined wasn't working previously; it was still declining the referral outright. The referral should now bounce back to the forwarder (CI) and notify the forwarder with the correct email and associated site number.
Backend eReferral Changes:
- Added new fields to the Ocean referral REST API: scheduledAppointment, scheduledAppointment2, bookingComments, srcSiteName, referrer signature, referrer address
- Added "application date" column to the regional authority's approval tab
- Minor wording changes to regional authority approve/deny email based on request from SCA.
- Backend change: Cleaned up the referral completion state to remove references or dependencies on whether the patient was 'Seen'
- Future architectural work to improve general support for eConsults
The Ocean Server release scheduled for July 17, 2017 at 9:00 PM ET includes the following:
- Added support for multiple health service programs/offerings of the same Health Service in one listing.
- Added the ability to filter by 'Noted on' date in the eReferral tab. When typing a date into the filter input the option to filter by 'Noted on' date appears in the drop down menu.
- Added an approved/pending column to the Regional Authority approval tab.
- Added confirmed flag to referral update API.
- Improved how declined referrals are handled for central intake sites. Now when referrals are declined by the specialist site, they are forwarded back to central intake, with a note indicating that referral was declined; however the referral status is not marked as Declined from the referrer's view. Also added the typed reason for decline to the referral event log and changed the salutation in the decline notification email to be addressed to the forwarding site.
- Improved the logic behind the 'Needs Review' tab. Now referrals that are declined or have new comments are not included in the 'Needs Review' tab if the site that made the change is the same site that would need to review it.
- Improved the appearance of the status note of cancelled referrals in the 'Sent' tab by preventing 'Cancelled' from appearing twice in a row.
- Improved the user interface and behaviour of listing favourites in the Health Service Directory, including an edit button that allows users to easily delete favourites.
- The import patient message will now show for Accuro sites in addition to PSS and OSCAR sites
- An email consent statement is now shown to clinicians sending referrals to listings within the regional authority.
- A link to the patient portal is now included in the notification emails sent to patients for referrals within the regional authority.
- Referrals will now always show the central intake triage note in the top right Notes panel in the referral view, even for related referrals that are sent to specialist sites.
- Referrals will now display correctly in the patient dashboard eReferral summary view even when multiple referrals are shown.
- The column titled 'Review Requested by' will no longer show 'null' for review requests that are not associated with a specific user.
- Fixed a bug that could cause inbox folder counts to be larger than they were.
- Fixed a bug regarding email notifications when a related referral was added to a child referral.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an access denied exception for users with access to multiple sites when they clicked links in referral notification emails.
- Added a button to finalize notes in the patient info panel in the Patients tab of the Ocean portal.
- Minor improvements to eConsult and Adolescent Checkup eForms.
- Changed the label of the 'non-empty' field verification option in the eForm Editor to 'non-empty (mandatory field)' to improve clarity.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the patient info panel from automatically loading in the Patients tab of the Ocean portal when a link containing a patient reference number was loaded.
- Added preliminary support for a single sign on CDS link from Accuro. This feature will be used to interact with Ocean directly from Accuro to perform patient specific actions without needing to login to Ocean manually and without needing to enter a patient identifier within Ocean. Documentation coming soon.
- Added validation that prevents the current payer for a site from being removed, and a warning that indicates the payer must be changed before the user can be removed.
- Improved handling of session timeouts for the Ocean portal.
- Minor improvement to how checkboxes and text input fields are styled throughout the Ocean portal.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the current day from being highlighted in date pickers throughout the Ocean portal until the user hovered over over the calendar.
- Fixed a bug when sending referrals that prevents Ocean from saving the referrer's address information.