Ocean fees are incurred only when you use our services. At the end of each month, an automated process will gather together all the "billable items" (i.e. days of tablet usage, web questionnaires sent, etc.) into an invoice and send it to the "payer" on your account, which you can set in the "Billing" section of the Admin tab of the Ocean Portal.
Between the 1st and 15th day of the month, please review the invoice that has been emailed to you and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call to raise any concerns about your invoice. The charges are billed on the 15th day of the month.
- CognisantMD accepts payments from the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- To enable automatic payments via credit card, sign into the Ocean Portal.
- Click on your name at the top right and select "View My Account" from the menu options.
- Navigate to the Billing tab. Click the "Add a Credit Card" button and enter your credit card information.
- Return to your site's home page and navigate to the the Admin tab.
- Enter the "Billing" section of the Admin tab (selected from the menu along the left). Confirm that the "Account Payer" at the top is set to your user name.
- Enter the "Site Account" section of the Admin tab. Add your clinic's billing manager's email to the "Finance Administrator Email" field. If this field is left blank, invoices will only be sent to the site payer's email address.
If you prefer to pay by cheque for 6 or 12 months at a time, please review "Can I pre-pay by cheque instead of automatic payments by credit card?".
When we receive your prepayment cheque, we will apply "credit" to your account. This credit will be used to pay for whatever Ocean services you use (or have used, if a balance is outstanding).
Once your credit runs out, you will start to get monthly invoices again. If this happens, don't panic - simply email us at email@example.com to request another prepayment invoice, including the details about what you would like to purchase (e.g. "5 tablets for 12 months").
To enter and/or update the credit card information associated with your site, you must be the payer for your site. If you wish to change your site's payer to yourself, please follow the steps "Changing Your Ocean Payer".
- Log into the Ocean Portal.
- Click your name in the top right hand corner and select "View My Account" from the menu of dropdown options.
- Navigate to the Billing tab. From the panel at the top, click the "Add Credit Card" or "Update Credit Card" button to enter or update your credit card information.
As per our Plans & Pricing page, you have a couple of options to use web questionnaires. Since web questionnaires do not require tablets, the pricing is separate from the tablet subscription licenses, even though the technology is complementary.
There are 2 options for web questionnaire pricing:
Paying for Each Web Questionnaire Individually
The cost is $0.10 per email invitation and $0.40 for each questionnaire completed. We sometimes talk about web questionnaires costing $0.50 each, but it's actually less than that, on average, because some invitations will inevitably go unanswered. The cost is the same even if you have multiple eForms per email for the patient to complete.
Note: This price does not include any Ocean Studies fees, should you be running a research study.
Adding an Ocean Online Messages Subscription for Specific Users
This subscription cost $30 per month per user and allows a named user to send unlimited web questionnaires.
Note: Again, study fees are not included.
- You can enable Ocean Online Messages yourself. Simply login to the Ocean Portal, navigate to the Admin tab and enter the "Users" section from the menu on the left.
- From there, check off the "Ocean Online Subscription ($30/month/user)" box next to the user name that you wish to enroll in this subscription.
Hint: You can also use these two pricing options in combination. For example, if somebody at the front desk sends all your intake registration packages to patients, sign him/her up for an Ocean Online subscription. Doctors and nurses can still send web questionnaires themselves at $0.50 each.