If you have set up an eRequest (i.e. an online web questionnaire that is available to the public via a link on your website), you will be notified when a new submission is completed and the results of this submission will appear in your eRequests inboxes in the Ocean Portal. Below describes the process in which eRequest submissions are received and processed.
Note: Because an eRequest link is available to the public, submissions first enter into your eRequests inbox, rather than directly into the EMR (to make sure any bogus submissions are filtered out before entering into the EMR).
View your eRequest submission.
- Once a new eRequest submission is completed, the Clinical Administrator Email (which can be set in the "Site Account" section of the Admin tab) will receive a notification of its completion.
- From there, you can log in to the Ocean Portal and check your new submission in the "New" inbox of the eRequests tab.
Click on the new submission to view its details.
- General panel:
- This is where any demographic information provided on your eRequest form will populate, including the patient's name, address, phone number, email address, etc.
- Notes panel:
- This is where you can add any free-text or pre-programmed notes related to the eRequest (e.g. Contact attempted, patient was seen, etc.).
- Referral Note panel:
- This is where the results of the eRequest form will populate (a.k.a. the "clinical note" associated with the eRequest form).
- Scheduling panel:
- This is where you can record if and/or when you've booked an appointment for this patient (if, for example, your eRequest link was for patients requesting to book an appointment at your clinic). If the patient has provided their email address, you can also add a comment for the the booking "Comments for Referrer and Patient) and/or attach a file for them to review (using the paperclip icon), as needed.
Manage your eRequest submission's next steps.
- Once you've edited the eRequest to your liking, you can either "Accept" or "Decline" the eRequest.
- This will open up an Import dialog box and move your eRequest into your "Booked Unconfirmed" inbox (or "Pending Booking" inbox if you haven't booked an appointment for them). For more details about how to import eRequests, please refer to "Importing eRequests from the Ocean Portal to an EMR".
- From there, if you've booked an appointment for the patient, you or the patient can confirm their appointment booking (assuming the patient has granted email consent). Once the patient has been seen, you may mark the eRequest as "Completed".
For more details on how long eRequests are kept within Ocean, please refer to "How long will my eReferrals be stored in Ocean?".