You can view and manage all of your received eReferrals from the eRequests tab of the Ocean Portal.
Simply click on the patient to manage its next steps, including triaging the referral, accepting the referral, booking an appointment for the referral, sending a message to the referrer, etc.
- Once you receive a new eReferral or if there is a status change in any of your eReferrals, your clinic's public email (i.e. the email address that is shown on your directory listing in the Ocean eReferral Network) will be sent a notification email. Please refer to the "eReferral Notification Email Rules" article to learn more about who, when, and where Ocean eReferral notification are sent.
- The referred patient will also be sent email updates about their eReferral, provided that an email address was included in the original referral.
- All incoming eReferrals will appear in under the eRequests tab in the Ocean Portal. Please review the "eReferral Inboxes" article to learn more about the different eReferral inboxes.
- Click on any new eReferral to manage its next steps (see screenshot to the right).
The Ocean eReferral platform de-identifies data automatically to provide you with an understanding of referral patterns, decline rates, wait times, etc. You can export this data at anytime from the "Reports" section of the Admin tab in the Ocean Portal. For more details on exporting eReferral analytics, please refer to "Accessing eReferral Analytics".
The core set of analytics captured in the de-identified record are in the table below.
Additional Available Analytics
In addition, you can map fields in your referral form and Review form to set analytics values for your referral exports. Keep in mind that the semantics behind each is arbitrary and you can "co-opt" them for the purposes of a particular pathway as long as the consumers of the analytical data understand the data values. To do add these analytics values, simply open your form in the eForm Editor and set the item reference to one of the following values.
This article describes locations where you can configure your email addresses for eReferral notifications. To learn more about the rules/logic that Ocean uses to determine which email address to send the eReferral notifications to, please refer to "eReferral Notification Email Rules".
User-Specific Emails: View My Account
- Several email address can be configured in the "View My Account" section of the Ocean Portal. These will be the email addresses of eReferral senders that get notified about changes in specific referrals that they have sent (e.g. booking updates).
- You can access this section by signing in to the Ocean Portal, clicking on your name at the top right-hand corner of the screen and selecting "View My Account" from the dropdown menu that appears.
- From there, you can set which email address receives specific Ocean notifications.
- Email Address:
- This is the personal email address associated with each user with an Ocean account.
- Clinical Delegate Email:
- This is the email address that generally receives clinical notifications, such secure message notifications (patient responses, eForm completions, etc.).
- Referral Notification Email:
- This is the email address of the referrer that will be sent referral notifications, such as eReferral booking updates.
- If you make any changes, ensure that you save your changes before leaving this page.
Site-Wide Emails: Site Account
- Several email address can be configured in the "Site Account" section within the Admin tab of the Ocean Portal. These will be the email addresses of eReferral recipients not associated with a specific Ocean user, that get notified about a set if referrals, a patient eRequest, or a site-wide notification.
- You can access this section by signing in to the Ocean Portal, navigating to the Admin tab, and selecting "Site Account" from the menu on the left.
- From there, you can set which email address receives various site-wide Ocean notifications.
- Clinical Administrator Email:
- This email address will receive any miscellaneous Ocean system messages, including pending eReferral requests, study export alerts, Ocean reminder-related messages, etc.
- Referral Notification Email:
- This email address will get notified of new eRequests (including submissions to an eRequest link, as well as new eReferral requests), as well as status changes to received requests.
- Again, ensure that you save your changes before leaving this page.
eReferral Notifications: Site Features
- If you would like to disable automatic notifications to patients, you can do so by going into the Admin tab of the Ocean Portal, within the "Site Features" section (selected from the menu on the left) and unchecking the "Patient eReferral Email Notifications" checkbox.