Note: This is an optional step for kiosk set-up.
Ocean kiosks now support check-in for walk-in patients. To enable this feature, please follow the steps below.
Enable walk-in patients in the Ocean Portal.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin tab.
- Enter the "Site Features" section and check the "Accept Walk-In Patients (BETA)" checkbox.
- Save your changes.
Create your walk-in provider schedule in PS Suite.
- Next you will see the "Add Provider" window.
- Type in your walk-in provider name and initials.
- Leave the "Billing MD" field empty and match your interval to the same as your other providers' schedules.
- Set the "Missing bills" field to "Appointments in this schedule are billed by any doctor".
- Click "OK" to save your changes.
Set your walk-in provider details in the OceanConnect app.
- Access your OceanConnect tablet and open the OceanConnect app.
- Type in your walk-in provider name and initials. Make sure that the name exactly matches the walk-in provider calendar's name that you just created in PS Suite.
- Enter in the name of your walk-in provider that you just created a schedule for in the "Walk-In Provider Schedule" field and then click "Save Configuration".
Now, if a walk-in patient checks in on the kiosk, an appointment will be created for them in the walk-in provider's schedule in PS Suite. From there, you can either move the appointment to other providers' schedules or have your walk-in providers consult the new walk-in provider appointment schedule.
- If they are an existing patient at the clinic, the appointment will be tied to their chart in PS Suite.
- If the patient is new to the clinic, they will be prompted to provide their first and last name.
To see the walk-in workflow in action, download the following demo.Demo: Walk-In/Urgent Care