The Form Properties menu includes 3 tabbed sections: (1) General, (2) Form Memory & Data Storage, and (3) Sharing & Licensing.
- Display Top-Level Sections as Separate Pages:
- Allows you to split a form into separate pages. When selected, each new "top level" section will automatically create a new page (sections created within sections do not generate pages).
- Short Title:
- Creates a short title for your form for easier searching in the eForm library.
- Allows you to set keywords for easier searching from the Forms tab in the Ocean Portal or within the custom form (for some integrated EMRs).
- Allows you to add references to your form with links to related URLs.
Form Memory & Data Storage Tab
- Form Memory:
- Allows Ocean to remember that a patient completed a form. For more information about Form Memory, please refer to "Form Memory - Storing Form Values for Patients in Ocean".
- Save the form answers as:
- Allows you to determine whether form answers should be saved as a clinical note, study data, or both.
- Percent Complete Expression:
- Allows forms submitted with a calculated Percent Complete less than 100 to remain in the patient queue.
Sharing & Licensing Tab
- List in directory:
- We promote sharing of eForms across sites. If you do not want to your form to be visible to other Ocean users, select this checkbox.
- Cost per use:
- Allows you to charge a fee for the use of site forms that you develop. Ocean will automatically calculate the processing fee and the amount received after the cost per use is entered. Custom licensing terms can be entered in the Custom Licence text box.
EForm Actions allow you to use scripting to show another form or email the patient, based on a patient’s answers to the current form questions.
Triggering a form to display based on a patient's response(s) to the current form:
- For example: You wish to display the Suicidal Ideation eForm when a patient responds that they have thoughts of self-harm on the PHQ-9.
- Search for the PHQ-9 form in the eForms tab of the Ocean Portal.
- From the Action menu at the top right, select "EForm Actions".
- Enter the expression: si.p != 0 [where si is your item reference and p. !=0 means that the answer is not equal to 0].
- Then search for the suicidal ideation form in the "Form Ref" field.
- Now, if a patient were to answer "Yes" to a suicidal ideation question on the PHQ-9 form, Ocean will automatically pull up the Suicidal Ideation form for the patient to complete. Test it out!
- Please refer to "Scripting and More Tab - Show this field if" for more examples of useful expressions that you could use to trigger other eForm Actions.
Triggering an email to send to the patient based on the patient's response(s) to the current form:
- For example: You wish to send the patient some additional information because they have indicated that they are experiencing pain.
- Open your form in the eForm Editor and select "EForm Actions" from the Action menu at the top right.
- Select "Send Email" from the dropdown options under the "Action" column.
- Type in the subject of your email and the message you wish to send to the patient in the "Body".
- This message will send as an email to the patient from "email@example.com".