Select form(s) for patients to complete.
To download a PDF version of this guide: Download this guide!
- Add forms from the Ocean custom form or the Ocean toolbar.
- You can select a form for your patient to complete by clicking on “Add Form” or “Favourite” to select from a list of your commonly-used forms (see "Configure eForm Favourites" to learn how to set up your favourite Ocean eForms).
- Click on the patient in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal and select "Add eForm...".
Select your patient's method of completing form(s).
On a Tablet:
- Look in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal, under the "Reference #" column, to obtain the patient's 3- or 4-digit number.
- Click on the patient in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal and select "Email Patient...".
- This will open a message window, where you can edit the email body and add any secure message(s) and/or eForm(s) for the patient to complete on their home computer, tablet, or smartphone.
On Your Own Computer:
View the clinical note in your patient's chart.
- The Ocean-generated clinical note should automatically download into the patient's chart as an encounter note. From there, you can edit the note directly, if necessary.
- If any demographics information was edited these changes should be automatically reflected in the demographics fields for this patient in your EMR.
- Clicking this "Download" button will result in the the Ocean-generated clinical note being automatically downloaded into the patient's chart. From there, you can edit the note directly, if necessary.
- If any demographics information or mapped measurements was edited, these changes should be automatically reflected in the corresponding fields for this patient in your EMR.
- Review the Ocean-generated clinical note by clicking on the patient in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal.
- The note will already be pre-selected, enabling convenient copy and paste of the generated note into the patient's chart in your EMR (if desired).