Get started with sending eReferrals through Ocean by reading through this handy getting started guide.
- Set Up Delegate User(s) for Your Ocean Account (optional)
- If you work with an MOA, receptionist, nurse, resident or student who will be sending eReferrals on your behalf, you will want to invite them to create an Ocean user account and set them as your clinical delegate.
- Link User EMR Accounts to Ocean User Accounts
- Each person who will be sending Ocean eReferrals will need to link their EMR and Ocean user accounts.
- This is especially important for auditing and tracking purposes.
- Initiate Your Ocean eReferral
- You can access the Ocean eReferral Network from the link in your EMR (for integrated EMRs) or directly from the Ocean eReferral Network to initiate your referral.
- Select an eReferral Site
- Search for your desired referral site to create your eReferral.
- Add / Manage Favourites using the Ocean Health Services Directory (optional)
- If your clinic most often sends eReferrals to a specific destination clinic or group of clinics, you may want to save these sites as Favourites. This will allow for easy and efficient sending of Ocean eReferrals to your preferred clinics.
- Send Your eReferral
- Complete the eRequisition form and send your referral off to the referral site.
- View & Track Your eReferral
- You will receive email notifications about the status of your referral(s).
- From there, you can view and track the status of your referral from within your EMR and/or the eRequests tab of the Ocean Portal.
Visit the Ocean eReferral Network website to access downloadable resources and to learn more about Ocean eReferral Network.