Ocean Reminders allow you to automatically notify your patients of upcoming appointments and optionally complete forms or view a secure message.
Prerequisites for Getting Started
Before configuring your Ocean Reminders, please ensure the following:
- At the moment, Ocean Reminders is supported for Accuro and PS Suite EMR integrations only.
- Clinics must have a site-wide unlimited license for Ocean Online Messages to use Ocean Reminders (or an unlimited user licence in the case of a solo practitioner). To enable this site-wide license, please contact us with your request and site number at ocean.tips/support.
Once your unlimited licence has been enabled, you will be able to configure Ocean Reminders for your site. In the Ocean Portal, click Admin tab and then select "Ocean Reminders" from the menu along the left. You will see a screen similar to the screenshot below.
- 1 Enable Configuration
- If checked, the system will begin sending out Ocean Reminders on schedule.
- 2 Enable Test Mode
- If checked, the system will send Ocean Reminders on schedule, but using a designated (test) email address. This allows you to test your Ocean Reminder settings for a period of time without emailing any actual patients.
- 3 Reminder Time of Day
- The time of day at which you wish to send your patients their appointment reminders.
- 4 Send _ day(s) __ appointment
- The number of days before or after the appointment date that the reminder will be sent.
- 5 Force Send
- This allows you to send the reminder immediately (usually for test purposes or last-minute appointments).
- 6 Delete
- This deletes the form reminder.
- 7 Reminder Template (blue menu icon)
- This opens a configuration window to select the email template that will be used to email the patient. The email template has full support for Ocean Keywords, such as patient name, etc. [weblink] represents the link that the patient can click to complete any eForms needed prior to the appointment. This uses the standard Ocean patient eForm queue, so any eForms added via the template can also be filled out using the tablet when the patient arrives, even if the patient doesn't use the link ahead of time.
- 8 Save Changes
- If you make any changes to these settings, ensure that you save your changes before leaving this page.