Tag your measurement in your eForm.
- When you are building your eForms, if you "tag" a caption by surrounding a single word with "@" and ":" then the value will be available for mapping using EMR field mapping.
- An example can be found in the screenshot to the right or in the note generated by this standard CAGE questionnaire.
- Note: The value of the tagged field in the Ocean note is passed directly to the OSCAR measurement. In other words, if OSCAR expects "Yes" or "No" and the note contains Y or N, it won't work. Therefore, the note has to produce exactly what OSCAR expects for the measurement.
Create your measurement type and customize your Ocean flowsheet in your OSCAR EMR.
For a custom measurement to be properly mapped and tracked, you will need: a custom measurement type in OSCAR (with a type that matches the measurement's allowable values) and a custom flowsheet (with all your Ocean-provided measurements included).
To create your custom measurement type (if it doesn't exist in your OSCAR EMR already):
- Expand the "System Management" section (in the menu on the left) and select "Customize Measurements".
- Select "Customize Measurements", and then "Add Measurement Type". Create your new custom measurement type.
To add and/or customize the Ocean flowsheet:
- Download the latest Ocean flowsheet
- The above flowsheet contains all the standard OSCAR-installed measurement types. You will likely already be using other measurement types, such as CAGE and PHQ-9. If you are adding a new measurement type, you must add it to this flowsheet before uploading it into OSCAR. OSCAR flowsheets are XML documents, so you will need to edit the raw XML in a text editor.
- For example, you can add the CAGE measurement type to the bottom of the flowsheet, before the "header" element, as shown below:
<item measurement_type="WT" display_name="WT" guideline="" graphable="no" value_name="WTOceanLabel"> <item measurement_type="CAGE" display_name="Cage" guideline="" graphable="yes" value_name="CAGEOceanLabel"> </header>
Map your OSCAR measurement in the Ocean Portal.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin tab.
- Enter the "EMR Field Mapping" section (selected from the menu along the left). Here, you can map the tagged field(s) to the name of the measurement in OSCAR.
Have more questions? Submit a request