Tag your measurement in your Ocean eForm.
- When you are building your eForms, if you "tag" a caption by surrounding a single word with "@" and ":" then the value will be available for mapping using EMR field mapping.
- An example can be found in the screenshot to the right or in the note generated by this standard CAGE questionnaire.
- Note: The value of the tagged field in the Ocean note is passed directly to the OSCAR measurement. In other words, if OSCAR expects "Yes" or "No" and the note contains Y or N, it won't work. Therefore, the note has to produce exactly what OSCAR expects for the measurement.
Create your measurement type in your OSCAR EMR.
- For a custom measurement to be properly mapped and tracked, you will need: a custom measurement type in OSCAR (with a type that matches the measurement's allowable values) and a custom flowsheet (with all your Ocean-provided measurements included).
- Log in to your OSCAR EMR and open the Administration panel.
- Expand the "System Management" section (in the menu on the left) and select "Customize Measurements".
Customize your Ocean flowsheet and upload it into your OSCAR EMR.
- Download the latest Ocean flowsheet
- The above flowsheet contains all the standard OSCAR-installed measurement types. You will likely already be using other measurement types, such as CAGE and PHQ-9. If you are adding a new measurement type, you must add it to this flowsheet before uploading it into OSCAR. OSCAR flowsheets are XML documents, so you will need to edit the raw XML in a text editor.
- For example, you can add the CAGE measurement type to the bottom of the flowsheet, before the "/<iheader>" element, as shown below:
<item measurement_type="WT" display_name="WT" guideline="" graphable="no" value_name="WTOceanLabel">
Map your OSCAR measurement in the Ocean Portal.
- Log in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin tab.
- Enter the "EMR Field Mapping" section (selected from the menu along the left) and add a row.
- The "Tagged Field" should match the note that you tagged in your Ocean eForm (i.e. the cpation you surrounded with '@' and ':' in your Ocean eForm).
- The "EMR Field" should be all capital letters and should exactly match the measurement type in OSCAR (see screenshot to the right).
- Make sure to save your changes in the Ocean Portal before leaving that "EMR Field Mapping" page.
Have more questions? Submit a request