Ocean Studies can span multiple medical clinics, multiple EMR servers and even multiple EMR types through the multi-site feature.
To invite other sites to participate in your Ocean study:
- Log into Ocean and navigate to the Studies tab.
- Click "configure" on the study you want to extend to another site.
- If the "type" is "standard", you'll need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request your study be upgraded to a research tier type before proceeding.
- Click "participating sites..." at the bottom.
- You will see a dialog box open that allows you to type in an invitation message to the other clinic. Pick the sites you want to invite by typing in part of the name in the box below and click "send invitations".
That's it... the payer on those sites will receive an email with your note plus specific instructions (basically: log in, go to Study tab and click "accept" on the invitation).
Once the invitation has been accepted, the study eForm will be available automatically to the participating clinic's Ocean site, and any updates to the eForm will be reflected in that site automatically.
Whenever the eForm is completed in that site (e.g. by a patient or clinician), the results will appear in your study export, tagged with the source site number and name.
Note: if you have a separate invitation/consent eForm that is independent of the study eForm (often such forms are set-up to automatically load the study eForm via an eFormAction if the patient consents to participate), you may need to ask the participating clinic to import that form explicitly via the eForm tab's "view shared forms" dialog. You may also suggest that the participating study create a tablet rule or at least add the invitation/consent form as a favourite.