Ocean fees are incurred only when you use our services. At the end of each month, an automated process will gather together all the "billable items" (i.e. days of tablet usage, web questionnaires sent, etc.) into an invoice and send it to the "payer" on your account, which you can set in the Billing section of the Admin tab in the Ocean portal.
Between the 1st and 15th day of the month, please review the invoice that has been emailed to you and reach out to us at email@example.com or give us a call to raise any concerns about your invoice. The charges are billed on the 15th day of the month.
Paying via Credit Card
CognisantMD accepts payments from the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. The following steps will enable automatic payments via credit card.
1. Sign into the Ocean Portal.
2. Click on your name at the top right and select "View My Account" from the menu options.
3. Navigate to the Billing tab. Click the "Add a Credit Card" button and enter your credit card information.
4. Return to your site's home page and navigate to the the Admin tab.
5. Enter the "Billing" section of the Admin tab. Confirm that the "Account Payer" at the top is set to your user name.
6. Enter the "Site Account" section of the Admin tab. Set the "Finance Administrator Email" to your own email address or your site's billing manager's email. If this field is left blank, invoices will only be sent to the site payer's email address.
Pre-Paying by Cheque
If you prefer to pay by cheque for 6 or 12 months at a time, please review this article.
When we receive your prepayment cheque, we will apply "credit" to your account. This credit will be used to pay for whatever Ocean services you use (or have used, if a balance is outstanding).
Once your credit runs out, you will start to get monthly invoices again. If this happens, don't panic - simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request another prepayment invoice, including the details about what you would like to purchase (e.g. "5 tablets for 12 months").