Android tablets, like all technology devices, can, to use a technical term, "flake out" sometimes. That can take the form of a number of symptoms that are usually pretty clearly not related to the Ocean app. But if there's any doubt, try to launch a web browser on the tablet (e.g. Chrome). If you can't get to a standard website like http://cbc.ca then the issue is not related to Ocean.
If that's the case, we recommend the following steps until it's working:
- Put the device in airplane mode in the settings, and take it out of airplane mode
- Try powering off the device and restarting it
- Take a paperclip, unbend it and stick the end into the "reset" hole, assuming there is one. There is a hidden button in that hole that will clear more than a simple reset.
- Reset to factory settings and reinstall Ocean (steps to reset the factory settings are here)
- Take it back to the retailer (particularly if it's still under warrantee, but even if its not, sometimes retailers like Best Buy will be able to help you with an exchange). You can also call the manufacturer's support line (i.e. the usual stuff).
Any other tips? What worked for you? Add them to the comments below for the benefit of your colleagues!