Templates MenuThis menu allows you to save a default template, save additional templates, or select a template to auto-populate the message. More information about templates can be found in "Ocean Online Message Templates".
Email BodyThis area allows you to customize the message that the patient will see in their email inbox. The text “[weblink]” indicates where the link will appear for the patient to click on to access the message (the link will appear as “View Secure Message”, “Complete Questionnaire” or “View Secure Message and Complete Questionnaire”).
Include Secure Message
Checking this box will expand the secure message panel. Messages for the patient can be added in the text field.
- Choose Files:
- Clicking “Choose Files” will open a standard file attachment window where you can attach any relevant documents for the patient.
- Allow Reply checkbox:
- When checked, this option will allow the patient to type a response to the message. Patient responses are tracked in the patient record.
- Notify me when viewed checkbox:
- When checked, a notification will be sent to the sender’s email or clinical delegate when a message is viewed.
Checking this box will expand the forms panel.
- Add eForm:
- Clicking on this option will open a window to search for and select an Ocean Form or Favourite. Once a form is added, it will be listed in the panel. To remove a form, click on the form name.
- Notify me when complete checkbox:
- When checked, a notification will be sent to the sender’s email or clinical delegate when a form is completed.
In this panel, you can decide how the patient will be able to access their secure messages and/or forms. By default, Ocean uses birth date as the required validation method for patients to access secure messages or forms. But, you can change this to a password (given to the patient beforehand), the patient's health number or patient number.
- Link expiry:
- This field determines the period of time during which the patient can access a secure message, attachment, or Ocean forms. If an Ocean form is opened, completed and submitted by the patient, it cannot be accessed again. However, secure messages and attachments remain available until the patient selects the checkbox saying, “I do not need to view this message again” or the link expires.
- Notify me if no response after:
- This drop-down menu adds an alert if the patient does not open the message or complete the form within a set number of days.
- When patient finishes, redirect to:
- This will allow you to redirect the patient to the URL of your choice once they've completed an online questionnaire (i.e. when they click the "Finish" button), instead of displaying Ocean's default message.
- Note: Ocean's default finishing message states: "Please note that your healthcare provider will not routinely see your answers until the time of your next appointment. If you have an urgent medical problem, you must contact your healthcare provider directly or proceed to the emergency department." This message is important from a medicolegal perspective since it ensures that patients follow up urgent conditions appropriately. In the interest of patient safety, please ensure your redirect clearly delivers the same message.
Have more questions? Submit a request