On the receiving end of an eReferral, when booking appointments for patients using the Ocean eReferral Network, you have the ability to add canned comments that can be sent to the patient in advance of their appointment.
To create your own canned comments:
1. Log in to the Ocean portal.
2. Go to the Admin tab and select eRequest Management (from the menu along the left).
3. From the eRequest Management screen, select the "New Canned Response", found in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Give your response a title and add the text into the text field.
5. Now, next time you are processing a referral, you can select one of your canned responses using the dialogue bubble in the "Scheduling" section of the referral.
Note: Canned responses are selected from the speech bubble icon in the "Scheduling" section, NOT the "Notes" section. Notes recorded in the "Notes" section in the top right corner of an eReferral are internal notes that indicate the status of the referral request.