CognisantMD Library resources are designed for use with TELUS PS Suite EMR (PSS), unless specified otherwise.
A few small steps are required to import them into your EMR system:
- First, find the resource you like, accept the licensing agreement, and click Download.
- Wait for the download to finish. Check the name of the file once it completes.
- The extension of the file (the part of the file name that comes after the ‘.’) determines the type of PSS resource.
- Open PS Suite EMR to the main EMR window.
Select the extension the resource file ends with:
This is a custom form file.
- From the Settings menu, choose Edit Custom Forms.
- Drag and drop the .cfm file(s) from your computer’s Downloads folder into the list of custom forms.
- When you want to use the form for a patient, choose Data > New Custom Form (Cmd-Shift-I) to insert it into a chart.
- Alternatively, you can choose View > Custom Form (F2) to view it in a popup dialog.
Zip files are compressed collections of other files.
- Usually you can just double-click a .zip file to expand it. If not, use a Zip expanding program for your operating system.
- With each of the expanded files, consult this list for import instructions.
This is a flowsheet file.
- From the EMR, choose View > Flowsheet.
- From the flowsheet’s File menu, choose Utilities > Import Flowsheet Template
- Select the .flowsheet file to import it.
- To test it out, open a patient’s chart.
These files can be imported as either PSS searches or PSS reminders.
- To import a search, choose Settings > Edit Searches. From the dialog’s Edit menu, choose Import Searches.
- Reminders can be imported by choosing Settings > Edit Reminders. From the dialog’s Edit menu, choose Import Reminders.
- Reminders automatically appear in the “Reminders” box of the CPP when their criteria are fulfilled.
- Searches can be run by choosing the Patient menu, then Search.
- Reminders can be run like searches by choosing the Patient menu then Reminder Report.
PDFs are “portable document files” that be viewed directly by double-clicking the file.
- You may wish to import a PDF as a Handout for easy access from the EMR.
- To import a handout, click on Handouts from the main toolbar.
- Drag and drop the file into the list on the left-hand side of the dialog.
- You can also choose Edit > Import Handout from the Handouts dialog.