Part One: Setting Up the Ocean Custom Form
In this section, you will install the Ocean custom form and toolbar, enabling quick access to Ocean patient forms and features, right from the chart.
- Download & Install the Ocean Custom Form and Toolbar
- To start, you will need to download 2 .cfm files and import them into your PS Suite EMR.
- Create a Reminder Trigger for the Ocean Toolbar
- To set your Ocean Toolbar to be visible and available to use for all your patients, you'll want to create a reminder for the Ocean Toolbar custom form.
- Configure the Ocean Custom Form
- To link your Ocean custom form with your Ocean site number, you will need to configure the Settings on your Ocean custom form.
- To complete this step, you will need to be an admin on your Ocean site, and you will need your Ocean username, password, and site shared encryption key.
- Test the Ocean Custom Form
- At this point, it is a good idea to test your Ocean custom form to ensure that your EMR and Ocean linkage is functioning properly.
- Configure Your eForm Favourites (optional)
- Now that you're up and running with Ocean, you may find that there are a few specific Ocean forms that you like to use on a regular basis. For quick access to these forms, you can create a customized menu of “eForm Favourites”.
Part Two: Setting Up OceanConnect with the TELUS API
In this section, you will set up your OceanConnect device and connect to the TELUS API. To learn more about OceanConnect, please refer to "Understanding OceanConnect".
- Upgrade Your Ocean Custom Form & Toolbar - FOR EXISTING CLIENTS ONLY
- In order to take advantage of the new Ocean features that come with the TELUS API, you will first need to upgrade your Ocean custom form and toolbar.
- Enable OceanConnect on Your Ocean Custom Form
- This will allow you to connect to the new TELUS API and take advantage of its accompanying features.
- Add Your Mobile OceanConnect Device in PS Suite
- To set up your OceanConnect tablet, you will need to register it as a mobile device linked to your PS Suite EMR.
- In this step, you will create a new PS Suite user to host this mobile device and obtain the mobile activation code needed to register your OceanConnect tablet as this mobile device.
- Note: You will need to be an admin user in PS Suite to complete this step.
- Set Up Your Dedicated OceanConnect Device
- This step will describe which tablet settings to optimize on your dedicated OceanConnect tablet and how to register your OceanConnect tablet with your specific Ocean site.
- These settings are important to ensure that Ocean and your EMR are connected reliably.
- Configure the OceanConnect App
- The final setup step is to configure your OceanConnect app by entering the mobile activation code that you obtained in Step 2.
- Once successfully activated, your setup is complete!