Select your EMR.
Activate your OceanConnect app.
- Type in the (manual) mobile activation code that you obtained from the Preferences window in PS Suite.
- Note: Be sure NOT to include the dashes (-) when typing in the activation code.
Customize your OceanConnect configuration.
- Schedule Days to Sync
- Set your "Days to Sync" to 1 or 2 days, UNLESS you are planning to use form reminders with a lead time greater than this time interval. (For example, if your site wants to send form reminders 3 days in advance of a patient visit, then a minimum of 3 days' synchronization is required.)
- Note: More internet bandwidth is required for longer time intervals for appointment synchronization.
- Mark appointments as Arrived in the next (hours)
- This field allows you to define the time range after a patient checks in at the kiosk, in which you'd like to mark their appointment(s) as arrived (e.g. if you set this to 2 hours, any appointments that a patient is booked for, within 2 hours of them checking in at the kiosk, will be flagged as arrived).
- Walk-In Provider / Walk-In Create Appointments at
- To learn how to set up your kiosk to accept walk-ins, please refer to "Set Up OceanConnect to Support Walk-In Patients".
Save and test your OceanConnect configuration.
- If you have made any configuration changes in the OceanConnect app, ensure that you have clicked “Save Configuration”.
- Once your settings have been saved, click "Sync Appointments Now" and allow a few minutes for your appointments in PS Suite to synchronize with Ocean.
- Once the sync has completed, verify your appointment synchronization with PS Suite by logging in to the Ocean Portal and verifying that the patients from your booked appointments in PS Suite have appeared in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal.
Congratulations! Your OceanConnect is now set up and ready to go.
To learn more about OceanConnect, please refer to "Understanding Ocean Connect".
If you're having trouble with OceanConnect, please refer to these troubleshooting steps.
Overview of Other OceanConnect Fields
- Combine Progress Notes
- If this checkbox is checked off, if a patient fills out multiple Ocean eForms, all resultant notes from that eForm will go into one single note entry in the patient's chart in PS Suite (vs. each form creating a separate note the patient's chart in PS Suite).
- Save Configuration
- Save changes that you've made to the configuration settings and start OceanConnect.
- Sync Appointments Now
- Manually synchronizes appointments. Once the sync is complete, you should see all your patients with upcoming appointments listed in the Patients tab of your Ocean Portal.
- You can also click the “Synchronize Appointments” button in the Patients tab of your Ocean Portal to also force OceanConnect to synchronize appointments with the PS Suite appointment schedule, extracting, encrypting, and uploading patients with upcoming appointments.
- Note: You will rarely need to sync your appointment, as OceanConnect will automatically synchronize appointments in your PS Suite appointment schedule with the patients in your Ocean Portal every 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can also manually synchronize your appointments from the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal by selecting "Synchronize Appointments" from the Actions menu.
- View Log
- Shows you a log of OceanConnect activity that can be sent to CognisantMD for troubleshooting purposes.
- Clear Activation
- Clears your OceanConnect Mobile Activation Code, disconnecting Ocean and PS Suite.
- Change EMR
- Takes you back to the EMR selection screen.
- Open Ocean Tablet
- Opens the Ocean Tablet app on your device.