To ensure that the necessary security and encryption protocols are in place for patient privacy, eRequests take advantage of the Ocean eReferral Network. This means that all sites hosting an eRequest must be registered on the Ocean eReferral Network by following the steps below.
- Create or find your site in the Ocean eReferral Network.
- Visit the Ocean eReferral Network and search for your site.
- If you can't find your site, you might need to add it first (which you can do by selecting the menu at the top right corner with the option to "Add Listing").
- Once you've created your site, search for it again in the Ocean eReferral Network.
- Click "Update Listing" and then select "Is this your organization? Claim it here."
- You will then be prompted to log in to your Ocean account (or create a new account if you don't already have one), in order to associate this listing with your Ocean site.
- Once you’ve claimed your site, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can validate your site as a legitimate clinic for accepting patient data.