Normally, Ocean will automatically resynchronize appointments with the Accuro appointment schedule every 30 minutes. This is generally a sufficient time frame to have all the patients who need to fill out Ocean forms, loaded into Ocean.
However, if you go to email a patient more than a week in advance of their appointment, you may sometimes find that they are not in Ocean yet. Not to worry - you can easily upload this patient into Ocean by using a Ocean online message CDS link or the "Fetch Patient" feature in the Ocean Portal.
After your patient has been uploaded into Ocean, you can send the patient a message by clicking on their name, as you normally would.
- Once you've selected a patient in your Accuro EMR, you can use either the "Ocean Portal" or "Send Ocean Online Message" CDS link from the main target Accuro menu to directly upload a patient into Ocean, right from your EMR.
- Once you've selected the CDS link for the patient, Ocean should upload the patient into less than 30 seconds.
- Ensure that the patient exists in Accuro already, with a health number in their chart.
- If you've just created the patient in Accuro, click the "Synchronize Appointments" option in the Patients tab of the Ocean Portal
- From within the same tab, enter the patient's health number into the "HN..." field, under "Fetch Patient".
- The patient will appear as ... ... HN (clock symbol) for a few seconds, while Ocean pulls the patient from Accuro.