The OSCAR custom eForm and toolbar can be downloaded from the Ocean website here.
Follow the instructions to right-click on the file link you want to download, select select “Save Link As…” and save them to a location that is easily accessible.
The Ocean custom form is imported just like any other OSCAR eForm:
1. Open the Administration window from the menu at the top of the page.
2. Scroll down to the "Forms/eForms" section and select "Manage eForm".
3. Upload the eForm by selecting "Upload", "Choose File", and then locating the eForm you downloaded in Step 1.
4. Fill in empty fields (eForm name and Additional Information). Once complete, select “Upload”.
5. The uploaded eForm should now exist in the eForm Library list on the same window.
Installing the Toolbar involves many of the same steps described in Step 2: Install the eForm.
1. Open the Admin window from the menu at the top of the page.
2. Expand the eForms section and select "Upload an Image".
3. Select "Choose File" and locate the oceanToolbar.js file that you downloaded in Step 1.
4. Click the Upload button.
1. Open the Preference screen by selecting it from the top toolbar.
2. In the “eForms to display on appointment screen” section, select the Ocean eForm.
3. Press the "Update" button to save changes.
4. A shortcut link to Ocean will now exist on each patient’s appointment.
If you use an OSP:
- Check with your OSCAR OSP vendor to find out if they have Ocean preconfigured. If they do, you can skip this step.
- If your OSP vendor does not have Ocean preconfigured, ask them to visit our OSCAR Setup Guide and follow the directions under Step 2.
If you have a locally hosted OSCAR instance:
- To use Ocean with OSCAR, you will need to make a server-side configuration change. To do this, go to our OSCAR Setup Guide and follow the directions under Step 2.
1. To select forms for a patient to complete, the Ocean eForm must be loaded for that patient. This can be done with a single click from the patient appointment screen. To do this, find your patient in the appointment screen and click on the “Ocea.” shortcut on their appointment.
2. This will load the patient in Ocean and launch an eForm window displaying the patient’s unique Ocean number.
3. With the patient loaded into Ocean, forms can be selected for that patient in the following ways:
- Chosen manually using the “Add Forms” button in the eForm window
- Loaded automatically based on rules (which are set up in the Ocean portal)
- Added from the Ocean Toolbar in the encounter screen:
The OSCAR eForm allows you to select an Ocean eForm directly from the appointment screen from your list of favourites. In order to do that, you will need to configure your favourites. To learn more about how to set your favourite eForms, please refer to this article.