Ocean studies are designed to anonymize patient data. However, we recognize that there may be circumstances under which you would like to be able to link study data back to patients. You can do this by either using the study configuration method or the @ptExternalRef keyword and formula item method, both of which will record patient identifiers from the source EMR.
- This is, unfortunately, usually a hidden field that represents the true, unchanging & unique patient ID in the system (healthcard, name, etc. are all liable to change).
- You may be able to find this value by searching for the patient in the Patients view in Accuro. The EMR ID will be the number that appears to the left of the patient's name in the search results box in the top right.
- Otherwise, you may be able to extract this from the ad-hoc query tool reports, or through SQL queries. Contact QHR for help if you need to access your patient IDs.
Study Configuration Method
- Once you have created your study (see "Create Your Ocean Study" for study creation details), select "Configure" on the applicable study under the Studies tab in the Ocean Portal.
- To begin, locate the study form under the eForms tab and select "Edit" to view it in the eForm editor.