PS Suite automatically detects and records vitals typed within free-text chart notes. There are standard vitals and you can also create your own custom vitals. All vitals can be searched, queried in a reminder, graphed, embedded within flowsheets, and/or extracted for research/quality improvement purposes.
Built-in, standard vital tags include: BP, HR, T, Ht, Wt, HC, BMI.
To make a custom vital, put an @ symbol in front of a tag and use the same answer format for that tag. PSS will log anything in this format as a custom vital. For example, @MyCustomVital: OneWordResult. Be careful to watch out for spaces!
Examples of VALID Custom Vitals:
- @PHQ-9: 20
- @ExerciseMinutesPerWeek: 30
- @EmailConsent: Granted
Examples of INVALID Custom Vitals:
- VitalWithoutPrecedingTag: 1
- @Vital Name With Spaces: 1
- @VitalResultWithSpaces: My Result
Capturing eForm Answers as a Custom Vital
- In order to ensure that your value is captured in PS Suite as a custom vital, simply format the clinical note associated with the question you want to track in custom vital format.
- Note: If only "@MyCustomVital" is appears in the clinical note, it won't be logged as a custom vital. You can still search for this text within the chart, but it may be more useful to invent a simple value to place after a vital, such as: @MyCustomVital: Done. Also note that custom vitals can only be a single word - you can't have any spaces in the value.