Ocean makes it easy to select and "green bar" notes in a patient chart in PS Suite that can be exported as a PDF file that is saved on your computer's desktop. The file can then be uploaded to an eReferral sent through the Ocean eReferral Network.
To attach a note from PS Suite to an eReferral:
- Find the note(s) in the patient's chart that you want to generate as a PDF attachment.
- Check the checkbox next to the note to enable the “green bar”.
- Click on the paperclip attachment icon on the Ocean custom form (next to “Email Patient”) or the "Attach" link on the Ocean Toolbar.
- This will generate a temporary PDF file that is saved to your computer's desktop (this file will be automatically deleted after 15 minutes and/or when you exit PS Suite).
- The PDF file can now be opened, printed, and/or attached to an Ocean eReferral.
Quick Tip: If you "green bar" an item and then select "Refer" on the Ocean Toolbar to initiate a referral, the attachment will automatically get attached to the generated referral (without having to click the "Attach" link).