Once you've finalized your eForm, you're ready to create your study and start collecting data. You can do this by following the steps outlined below.
1. Ensure that your eForm has been set up to be available for studies. See here for more on how to enable this setting.
2. Navigate to the Studies tab in the Ocean portal. At the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, under “Actions”, there is an option called “New Study”. Click that to create a new study.
2. Name your study, add a description if you like, and search for the eForm that you want to associate with this specific study. Once you are finished, click “Create”.
3. After your study has been created, you can configure it to suits your needs. Be sure to save your changes once you're finished.
- Study Type:
- There are different tiers of studies, associated different pricing and capabilities. Contact us at email@example.com for more information about these options.
- Here, you have options for configuring your study participant keys.
- "Do not generate a participant key for this study": prevents the generation of a study participant key for each study entry.
- "Align this study's participant keys with": allows you to follow patients across multiple studies.
- "Capture EMR ID with submissions": allows you to identify the patients who have submitted each study entry.
- Online Access:
- Here, have the option to make your study available for patients to access and fill out via a link that can be made available on your website. More about this can be found in this article.
4. After you've set up your study, you can start distributing the form to your patients and collecting data. If you've selected "Online Access", once you've added the URL to your website, patients will be able to start submitting responses. If not, you can set up tablet rules to define which patients are selected to complete your study form.
5. Once patients have started completing your study form(s), your study data can be downloaded at any time. For more on this, please refer to this article.