Ocean makes it easy to select and 'green bar' notes in a patient chart in PS Suite to be exported as a PDF file on the desktop. The file can then be uploaded to an Ocean Online secure message or eReferral.
- Find the note(s) in the file that you want to generate as a PDF attachment.
- Check the box next to the note to enable the "green bar".
- Click on "Attach" link on the Ocean toolbar or the paperclip attachment icon on the Ocean custom form (next to “Email Patient”).
- This will generate a temporary PDF file on your computer's desktop (the file will be removed after 5 minutes and/or when you exit PSS).
You can easily save clinical notes and/or letters from Accuro as PDF files and attach them to an Ocean Online secure message or eReferral.
- Enter the patient's Virtual Chart in Accuro and find the encounter note(s)/file that you wish to save as a PDF. Right click on the note and select "Print".
- This will open up the "Print" dialog. Ensure that youre printer is set to "PDF Writer" and select "OK".
- This will open up the "Save As" dialog. Rename your file and save it in the "Shared Files (S:)" drive.
Unfortunately, there is no quick and easy way to create PDF attachments from other EMRs (i.e. OSCAR, etc.). However, you can still attach any PDF file that's saved on your computer to a secure Ocean message.