What You Can Do with CDS Links
The CDS option in Accuro's quick Action menu provides a convenient user interface for interacting with Ocean directly within Accuro.
Using the CDS feature, Accuro users can add hyperlinks to Ocean that support single-sign-on (SSO) with automated patient-specific requests for interacting with Ocean.
For example, a user can configure a CDS link to automatically sign into Ocean and load a patient in order to:
- Send an Ocean Online secure message or questionnaire to a patient, with the patient's email and related information pre-populated
- Add a specific eForm for the patient to complete on the Ocean tablet
- Open a PHQ-9 form for completion directly on their computer's web browser
- Send an eReferral for a patient
- View all active eReferrals for a patient
- Open the site's Ocean Portal to view the scheduler
Prerequisites for Getting Started
Before configuring your CDS links, please ensure the following steps have been completed:
- An Ocean user account and Ocean site is available.
- The Ocean site is connected to Accuro through OceanConnect.
- You can sign into the Ocean Portal and see the "Configure Accuro CDS Links" button in your "Site Features" section of the Admin tab. (If this button is missing, please complete Step 2 above to ensure your site is marked as an Accuro site.)
Configuring CDS Links
Navigate to the “Configure Accuro CDS Links…” panel in the Ocean Portal.
- Sign in to the Ocean Portal and navigate to the Admin tab.
- Click on the "Site Features" section, selected from the menu along the left side of the page.
- Click the "Configure Accuro CDS Links..." button to view the full set of links available for import into Accuro.
Set up each link in Accuro.
- Complete the following for each link that you would like to import.
- Tip: The "View Ocean Portal" link is the most versatile link, since its page will provide links to many other functions for the patient. However, the other links can provide more direct shortcuts to specific functions.
- We recommend that site administers configure their Accuro site to connect to Ocean using a Global CDS Link. When a global CDS link is used, individual Accuro users can benefit from using these CDS links without having to configure the links themselves.
To configure Global CDS links, follow the steps below:
- Back in Accuro, open the Accuro action menu by clicking the target icon at the bottom left of the Accuro. Enter the CDS menu and select "Manage Global CDS".
- Name your CDS link something descriptive, such as "Ocean - Send Message".
Some users may prefer to have additional CDS links specific to their Accuro account. For example, a physician at a larger Accuro site who likes to use a specific questionnaire (e.g. the "Geriatric Depression Scale") may configure a direct CDS link to this questionnaire without impacting other Accuro users at the site.
To configure CDS links for individual Accuro user accounts, follow the steps below:
- Back in Accuro, open the Accuro action menu by clicking the target icon at the bottom left of the Accuro. Enter the CDS menu and select "Manage User CDS".
- Name your CDS link something descriptive, such as "Ocean - Add PHQ9".
- Copy and paste the suggestion from Ocean (be sure to change the eForm ref (red box) in the URL to the correct form that you're looking for):
- Note: You can find eFormRefs by opening the eForm in the eForm editor and looking at the URL. For example, for the URL: https://ocean.cognisantmd.com/eforms/EFormEditor.html?ref=bodyPainDiagram&siteNum=2323, the eFormRef would be: bodyPainDiagram.
- Site Requires Login checkbox:
- Select this checkbox to enable it.
- Type your Ocean username in this field (not your Accuro username).
- For Password:
- Type your Ocean password in here.
- Note: Accuro does not upload passwords containing a % or a & character properly. Consequently, if your user account password has these characters, you will need to change it.
- Note: Ensure the correct capitalization for the parameters above.
- Click "OK" to save the link.
Test your new CDS links.
- Click "Close" to close the "Configure Accuro CDS Links" dialog box.
- Test your new CDS link(s) by selecting it from the CDS menu within the Accuro action menu.
Precautions for All Ocean CDS Links
- Accuro opens the CDS Links in a stripped-down, minimalist embedded web browser. Although the browser is capable of performing most Ocean-related tasks, it cannot print, which prevents the printing of referral handouts and other actions.
- The above links will include the shared encryption key (encoded after the anchor # tag).
- If you prefer to avoid including the shared encryption key for security reasons, you can leave it off of the URL by trimming the # character and all characters that trail it.
- If you leave the shared encryption key in place, be aware that all of the links above that included the key will need updating if and when you change your site's shared encryption key in the future.
Once all your CDS links have been set up, you have the option of adding shortcuts for quicker access to these CDS links. To learn more about how toset these up, please refer to "Add User-Friendly Buttons to CDS Links".